Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Get a grip ESCC

On 9 Nov 2017 at 6:19pm noted wrote:
The grass roots campaign petition at change.org against ESCC's leaflet now exceeds 11000 signatures! So an extraordinary number of people suspect that ESCC is not too bothered about children living and going to school in East Sussex. I believe in some schools there was a targeted delivery of the leaflet rather than involving the whole school population. This included some parents whose children had had just one day's health related absence this year! Are we really reduced to forcing sick children to attend school in order to massage the county's damaging absence count? Councillors and officers should be studying the appalling decay of children's services rather than bullying parents in such a nasty ridiculous way.
On 9 Nov 2017 at 7:41pm Agree wrote:
The leaflet is effensive and disrespectful, and I find it totally unacceptable to be told to get a grip by sending my sick children to school. I do not want my children to be at school while sick, it is not good for them and is no benefit to their class mates who could become ill from being in the company of other sick children.
On 9 Nov 2017 at 8:09pm Billy wrote:
I suggest you take your kids to the war memorial on Saturday or Sunday - hopefully it will put things in perspective.
On 9 Nov 2017 at 9:00pm Agree wrote:
@Billy, so we now in 2017 have to treat our children like they are in a time of war? What did my Father fight for or my Grandfather die for? So we would have a better life, so we could have choice and so we could do the best for our children, their grandchildren. This is a issue about the council and children's school attendance, please do not bring the war and the suffering of our fallen into it.
On 10 Nov 2017 at 8:10am Earl of Lewess wrote:
As a bloke, I didn't know that the item on the cover of the leaflet was called a hair grip - my mum always called them hair pins - so to me, the leaflet said "Get a...hair pin".
On 10 Nov 2017 at 8:42am I don't live in Lewes... wrote:
Why are we paying these idiots?
I think I know a way to save money.
PhilX

On 10 Nov 2017 at 8:56pm bizarre wrote:
ESCC councillors have all recently awarded themselves a hefty pay rise (Councillor Osborne, a noble exception). It must have gone to their heads I think, this siren call of ludicrous, slick ,aggressive, expensive and totally inappropriate marketing: just the thing to swagger their authority about and insult and offend the masses. And also quite incidentally I'm sure, an attempt to cover their backs over attendance figures in schools they appear to know little about. This whole mess shows how lacking in knowledge and expertise County Hall really is.

On 11 Nov 2017 at 8:36am smiler wrote:
I suppose a way to protest about this would be to let your child have 2 or 3 days off 'sick' next week.

29 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

commercial square badge 30:132
commercial square badge

Maybe they couldn't find a train at the police station ACT. Not to worry though, they can print another 50bn out of nothing as... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the fact it's safe enough to leave windows open and shops don't need to put grills up at night.
Maddie