Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Fireworks documentary

On 27 Jan 2013 at 6:18pm Matt Holland wrote:
I just found a Kickstarter project which might be of interest to some of the more pyrotechnically-minded Lewesians on the forum (link below)
"Passfire is the global story of the culture of fireworks. The term ‚??passfire‚?Ě is used in pyrotechnics to mean passing a flame from one part of a shell to another, but it‚??s also a metaphor for passing the love and knowledge for fireworks from one country to another, one person to another and one generation to another.
What we've done:
Passfire started production in October 2012. So far we have filmed the huge fireworks factories of China and artisanal workshops in Japan that make the world‚??s biggest aerial ball shells.
China and Japan are just the tip of the iceberg: We are going to show you stories from other countries that even experienced pyro professionals have never seen before.
What we're going to do:
The money we raise from this campaign will allow us to bring you incredible stories from around the world. From Thai rice farmers who build giant girandolas (helicopters) for annual celebrations and small Indonesian villages who make fireworks for traditional weddings to rocket wars between churches in Greece, we will answer the question, "why are people so fascinated with fireworks?" Those are just a few examples of how we will explore the amazing ways that humans celebrate their relationship with fire."

Check it out here »

36 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Skate Park 104:132
Skate Park

Funnily enough I haven't spoken to the fossil fuel industry, or they to me. Your personal remarks about my sanity are becoming as... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone
Nancy