Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Farage V O'Brian

On 17 May 2014 at 1:38pm padster wrote:
I cannot understand why O'Brian is not grilling more politicians. This interview is worth watching and brings Mr Farage down a peg or two hundred.

Check it out here »
On 17 May 2014 at 2:51pm Grace wrote:
In his questioning of Farage, O'Brian shows himself to be just as mistaken and bigoted as he wishes to show the UKIP leader to be.

On 17 May 2014 at 4:30pm Thomas Jerome Newton wrote:
Quite an accusation grace. Can you back it up with any facts?
On 17 May 2014 at 6:00pm padster wrote:
Obviously you mean the opposite Grace? Can you show / give an example?
I eagerly await your reply.
On 17 May 2014 at 6:24pm Grace wrote:
I would just say watch the interview again. While Farage seems to be expressing fears of an influx of beggars and gang masters, O'Brian is arguing that Romanians are all as pure as the driven snow. The truth must lie somewhere in between. I would say it is behaviour, not race, that is in Mr Farage's mind.
Anyway, that's all I have to say on the subject.
On 17 May 2014 at 7:57pm Jackie wrote:
As much if Farage's 'charm' hinges on him being 'not like all the rest', I thought it significant that the interview was ended as soon as the subject of auditing UKIP MEPs allowances.
Perhaps this privately educated, former City trader is more like the rest than he'd like you to know.
On 17 May 2014 at 9:53pm fireball wrote:
Nigel farage agreat leader .
On 17 May 2014 at 10:08pm padster wrote:
Quote " Romanians are not pure as the driven snow " just think about that then change romanians with black , pakis , queers whatever. Does not feel so comfortable now ? WTF has romania ever done to deserve this scapegoat scaremongering? Luckily you live in a democracy ( Copyright Greece) so vote ukip. The thing is Grace you say racist things but I would like to thinl you're a fair and just human being.
On 18 May 2014 at 7:22am Phfellow2004 wrote:
Name me one good reason why anyone should vote UKIP and end up, possibly, electing an MEP who, more than likely, will never vote in Brussels but simply travel there and back by Eurostar to collect massive allowances to put into UKIP coffers to held fund its 2015 General Election Campaign.
On 18 May 2014 at 7:54pm Winston wrote:
I'll give you the reason why I will be voting UKIP on Thursday.
After reading all the correspondence from all the partys no where does it tell us what any of our MEPs have achieved for us in the European parliament.
The Torys tell us that they are the only party to give us a in out referendum. That referendum has nothing to do with Thursdays election.They tell us that they have taken the UK out of EU bailouts. That decision was taken by our MPs in Westminster not our MEPs.
The Labour party have built their campaign around being the only party who will tackle the cost of living crisis. ( you know, the crisis they created in the first place )
Then we come to the Lib Dems who at least to be fair have nailed their "We want to be in Europe up to our necks" colours to the wall. Yet again they fail to tell us what they have achieved in Brussels.
When it comes to Ukip you just have to go onto youtube to see how they have gone their business in the European parliament. I dont care what political way you sway you have to admit that they have run the best campaign by a country mile. Farage , for all his faults knows everything there is to know about this institution and this has been reflected by the way in which he has wiped the floor with everyone who has come up against him. The television debate that both Cameron and Milliband wisely steered clear was in the end embarrassing for Clegg and who would have thought that Farage would win 2 television debates against the deputy Prime minister.
Jackie talks about not having seen UKIPs MEPs expense accounts. You should be more concerned about the fact that Parliaments accounts have to never be signed off. No one has a clue of the actual amount of money this institution has spent since it's creation.
UKIP have been constantly accused by the three main partys of scaremongering. The Scaremongering that they have done over UKIP policies has to be seen to be believed. This was summed up last night with a flyer coming through my door from the Lib Dems with a picture of Nigel Farage and the words STOP this man putting your jobs at risk. If the 3 main partys had spent more time telling me about their achievements in Brussels rather than this hate campaign against UKIP then I might be feeling differently but as things stand for the first time ever I will not be voting Labour on Thursday I will be putting my X next to UKIP.

On 18 May 2014 at 9:47pm Clifford wrote:
I would have thought Winston, as a lifelong Labour voter, you would have known that the 2008 crisis was international, was caused by the banks, and is behind the cost of living crisis. Instead you write of Labour 'the cost of living crisis. ( you know, the crisis they created in the first place )'. You've shown just how much confidence we can place in your political knowledge and judgement.
On 18 May 2014 at 10:13pm Winston wrote:
The Labour party spent all the countries money, sold off all our gold for next to nothing raided the countries pension pot and carried on spending spending spending and borrowing borrowing borrowing. our ability to cope when the borrowing market went bust was entirely down to the Labour party.
Being working class I have seen my hourly rate decrease big time due completely down to Labours open door policy. Don't take my word for it, ask any builder, plumber, carpenter, gardener I could go on .
These days I am not driven by a party but by politics in general.

On 19 May 2014 at 10:45am Clifford wrote:
Well, Winston, I hope you have a good time with your new no-nothing pals. See you in a couple of years when you've learnt they're a waste of time too.

On 19 May 2014 at 1:06pm Sad Englishman wrote:
No one doubts your sense of grievance, Winston, nor that you have plenty to feel justifiably aggrieved about. The problem is, you're being sold a pup.
M Farage is a stockbroker, and the anti-Europe sentiment in the country has been whipped up over 30+ years by a press that's been guided by an Australian who's now a US citizen. None of these people have your best interests at heart. Immigration is a massive red herring (in an ageing country it's just about the only thing that's kept us afloat as a nation for the last 10 years), xenophobia and scapegoating are just standard tactics to divert attention from the real problems.
Why do you think Murdoch hates the EU so much? And those bankers who want you to continue funding their bonuses? Because - for all its many many faults - the EU keeps them in check. If we pull out, you'd better be really confident you're in the 0.2-0.3% of people who will benefit, because everyone else will lose - wages, jobs, benefits, employment rights, you name it. You sound like a turkey voting for Christmas, which is why people may be exasperated with you. Why not just spoil your ballot paper instead? That's a much better way to say "A curse on all your houses" to the politicos.

On 19 May 2014 at 1:19pm Town Flyer wrote:
I think Winston is typical of what will happen in this round of voting. Most people know that the current crises (for there is more than one) were not caused by labour it was greedy american bankers, but people like Winston could be successful in getting UKIP in. And consequently bring us all nearer to poverty.

On 19 May 2014 at 7:02pm Winston wrote:
"Most people know that the current crisis was not caused by Labour" Are you having a laugh.
Granted it wasn't the Labour party who caused the credit crunch but it was the Labour party who built our economy around having to borrow lots and lots of money and then leaving the country in the poo when the borrowing well dried up. They have even admitted it, so don't kid your self that the Labour party are blameless on this.

On 20 May 2014 at 1:18pm Sad Englishman wrote:
Winston: actually, it was Thatcher in the 1980s that did that, though it's true that Blair was too spineless to do anything about the problems that it caused, and too vain to get himself dirty standing up to the vested interests that wanted it all to continue.
Almost all of us have been complicit in letting it happen, and the current incumbents, having been handed the rather grubby baton, have done absolutely nothing about it either.
The concern with UKIP and Stockbroker Nige is that they represent an alternative, yes - but one that's actually worse than what's on offer now! Imagine being given the choice between having impetigo, tinnitus or alopecia - all unpleasant options. Well, Stockbroker Nige represents a man with a gun who offers to shoot you in the head instead. It _is_ an alternative, and there are probably times, if you suffer from one of the other chronic ailments, when you say "Oh, shoot me now, I've had enough of this". But you don't really mean it, and, truth is, for all that you hate them, there isn't a Fate Worse Than Farage. :-(

On 20 May 2014 at 8:16pm Winston wrote:
Thatcher never sold the gold and spent the pension pot. The labour party inherited a pretty good situation on the economy front when they came in , in 97. They stuck to tory spending plans for 2 years and then started to borrow borrow borrow.

On 20 May 2014 at 8:37pm Zebedee wrote:
She sold the family silver though, privatising all those utilities the majority of us now want re-nationalised.

Check it out here »

18 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes antiques centre 53:132
Lewes antiques centre

See the Dr Mike Yeadon video ferret. Unfortunately, no one has called me a gammon, I could do with a good laugh Pancetta,but I... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.
George Washington