Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Fag-butts outside the Crown !!!

On 5 Jun 2014 at 3:50pm Lewisian wrote:
What a lovely sunny day with a nice breeze, so i thought i would take a walk into town as my day off, get some fresh air and a few things sorted. I've live in Lewes all my life and love our little town.
Walking pass the Crown around 11am the amount of fag butts all over the pavement and in the road outside is appalling and give an awful impression to visitors, its deffenatly from previous days so has not been cleared up !! Its simple isn't it to clear it up everyday and it clearly is not being done, how ever much some one may come on here and say it is, the folk of Lewes see what is going on, on a daily basis...so pls Crown clear up your mess regularly and have some pride in the town you live in !

On 5 Jun 2014 at 4:50pm B Boy wrote:
See a lot of those in Brighton....
On 5 Jun 2014 at 9:38pm smoker wrote:
well if we could smoke inside it wouldn't be a prob !!!!! cue lots of ranting
On 5 Jun 2014 at 11:02pm Smart alex wrote:
That's no way to talk about the staff and customers !
On 6 Jun 2014 at 8:33am Cleaner wrote:
Would that mean I will have to get on my hands and knees to sort your butt out , let me re-phrase , would you filthy disgusting people stub them out on the carpet even though there are special bins provided ! I bet you do it at home don't you , it's the pubs problem to sort out not the councils street cleaning team , this probably sums up the whole venue at least that what it says to me
On 6 Jun 2014 at 8:58pm Nice butt wrote:
It's ok everyone the pavement outside is nice and clean , they have swept them all up , straight on to the cobbles on the road , well done scum bags
On 8 Jun 2014 at 7:16am Yellow Wrinkly Skin wrote:
I think we need a new law. No smoking in public, only allowed in your own home.
On 8 Jun 2014 at 8:26am chain wrote:
well nothing less expected from the crown , nothing changed from the hotel inspectors tv programme , very young ppl outside on fri-sat evenings . such a shame the Crown could be a superb pub with the size of the building

On 8 Jun 2014 at 9:00am bazza wrote:
Even worse is the alley alongside Fitzroy House (library) in Cliffe. Most of these are from ambulance staff!!
I don't understand why the Crown smokers stand by the entrance smoking. It certainly puts anyone off going in. It could be one of the best pubs in Lewes but for 30 odd years its been crap. Even the Lansdowne and Volly have improved since the dark days.
On 8 Jun 2014 at 9:53pm Zippy wrote:
The Rainbow used to be good - in the really dark, and illicit substance smoke filled days

On 10 Jun 2014 at 12:31pm springwatch wrote:
The landlady doesn't give a monkeys about Lewes, all she cares about is lining her own pockets by fair means or foul! If you saw her private living quarters, you would understand how a few cigarette butts don't bother her. Nothing changed at all since The Hotel Inspector, and all the time she is in charge, nothing will. She is a Whitehawk lowlife with delusions of grandeur. Actually, that does a disservice to all those decent folk who live in Whitehawk!

On 10 Jun 2014 at 11:53pm karen wrote:
The last remark I dont come from whitehawk. Not thst there any thing wrong with it.You are a rude narrow minded person. I just happen to like living lewes. Have met some lovely people. Dont judge every one on one self

On 11 Jun 2014 at 2:08pm GreenIvy wrote:
The landlady claims to like Lewes but is desperate to live outside of it! She is only in the town because she will lose her license if she is not on site. She has no allegiance to Lewes and she hates bonfire-apart from all the money it makes her. In her first year she managed to alienate a whole society and has repeatedly thrown accusations around about members of said society, all of which are false. Then again, the truth never has bothered her, The sooner she is gone the better, let someone with true vision and passion run The Crown, let it become the decent place that it should be. She says she has many friends, I suspect she has made far more enemies, but whenever anyone crosses her she just threatens them with the 'heavy mob'! Such a delightful character.

24 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Harveys Dray 41:132
Harveys Dray

Hi, I would like to add an event but the system won't let me. Please help! Maia Eden more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like The Grange Gardens, and the way the teashop has the most odd mixture of china from the charity shops
Jojo