Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Ending domestic Violence...

On 26 Apr 2016 at 11:46pm If art wrote:
Anyone on here get knocked about as a child?
The more children are spanked, the more likely they are to defy their parents and to experience increased anti-social behavior, aggression, mental health problems and cognitive difficulties, according to a new meta-analysis of 50 years of research on spanking.
PS don't forget sex education
see link for video comment

Check it out here »
On 26 Apr 2016 at 11:53pm if art wrote:
fOr for or against spanking your kids as part of they personal development (sick)
wonder where the S & M adult came from
my last relationship liked being tied up spanked, talked in a certain way. gets boring after a while..
On 27 Apr 2016 at 7:47am Tipex wrote:
Ian take time out!!
On 27 Apr 2016 at 11:29am Back in my day... wrote:
Ian, probably the majority of us got knocked about as children, it was an accepted form of child raising until very recently.
We also got knocked about at school, again accepted as part of growing up.
Probably the more relevant question is "anyone on here that still holds a grudge about being knocked about as a child"?
Probably not many people... But I am guessing you do.
Most of us learnt that being raised in that way was counter productive and haven't raised our own children in that way.
I wouldn't relate S&M as an adult to being knocked about as a child either (not sure how your mind has made that association), I seriously doubt spanking a child (or full blown punches and kicks in my case) would be the seed to S&M in later life - if anything it's more likely to do the opposite.
Get a grip man, you are letting your past rule your future - just move on.
FYI, as much as I hated being beaten as the child of an alcoholic it wasn't hard to separate someone else's actions (my fathers) with my own actions.

On 27 Apr 2016 at 6:04pm Tipex wrote:
Inspiring post Back In My Day. Hopefully it'll inspire others.

32 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Pells Pond 104:143
Pells Pond

And further ER hypocrisy in the Pells this week, with a two-car household demanding that ESCC stop funding climate change.
You... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell