Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

End of the world

On 13 Jan 2012 at 10:24pm KCL wrote:
Harold Camping has predicted the 'end of the world' but I don't believe this is so, why?
"But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only." - Matthew 24:36
If Mr. Camping claims to be a true Christian he wouldn't be making these out of place predictions.

On 13 Jan 2012 at 11:18pm simon wrote:
He does sound a bit intents.

On 14 Jan 2012 at 8:15am Clifford wrote:
If it does happen you can be sure Paul Newman will blame the unions.

On 14 Jan 2012 at 8:17am Teacher wrote:
When is this supposed to happen only I would like to spend all my money before I go.

On 14 Jan 2012 at 8:44am DFL wrote:
Can it be tomorrow please, I'm having my favourite roast chicken tonight !

On 14 Jan 2012 at 10:08am ADT wrote:
What are the council going to do about this?

On 14 Jan 2012 at 10:28am Clifford wrote:
KCL wrote: '"But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only." - Matthew 24:36'

But hang on a minute KCL, doesn't christian theology say that god, his son and the holy spirit are one in the trinity? How, then, does the father keep the secret from the son?

On 14 Jan 2012 at 11:03am Southover Queen wrote:
Don't be silly, Clifford. My left hand rarely knows what the right is doing: imagine if you've got the whole (known and unknown) universe to keep track of. It would be silly not to delegate.

On 14 Jan 2012 at 11:27am Extra wrote:
Brilliant!

On 14 Jan 2012 at 12:03pm Rosebud wrote:
I think you'll find it's ended already. If you examine the great works of Arthur Kent and Sylvia Dee you'll discover that in December 1962 they postulated that, unbeknownst to the forces of nature (they), the world had ended. The reasons they gave were threefold; the most important of which was simply detachment. "It ended when you said goodbye" was how they put it. A self-evident truth that was recapitulated years later (from a parallel universe presumably) by the likes of Vinton, Zavaroni,Carpenter and more latterly Boyle. Let's face it. Nothing to do with God at all. I hope this has shed some light on the matter.

On 14 Jan 2012 at 12:11pm simon wrote:
Just canvassing opinion here, when does Mr Camping expect us all to peg out ?

On 14 Jan 2012 at 12:55pm Rosebud wrote:
Be droll if you must.But you could scout around the shops for a guide. Or the internet- there's bound to be a site somewhere. Don't let sleeping bags lie.

On 15 Jan 2012 at 12:10pm bastian wrote:
is it the rapture? please say it is then all the crazies will disapear leaving sane people to run the world.

On 15 Jan 2012 at 4:34pm Rosebud wrote:
Why do you want "sane" people running the world. I'd rather Spike Milligan run it than anyone else. In the twinkle of an eye it would be a better place.

On 15 Jan 2012 at 7:20pm observer wrote:
Your so right Rosebud, any of the Goons running the country would be brilliant. Got to go " Theres someone knocing on the door".

On 15 Jan 2012 at 8:47pm Rosebud wrote:
Well I hope it's not the funny farm people. We need your valuable observations Observer. I only hope that one day you'll participate as well. Scrutinizing from a distance is very laudable but The Goons didn't get where they are today through consideration alone.

On 16 Jan 2012 at 1:38am Grytpype Thynne wrote:
I have a photograph of the end of the world here which once dropped into a tea urn will unleash the forces of chaos.Ha Ha Ha..............(maniacal laughter)

On 16 Jan 2012 at 2:28am Rosebud wrote:
Are you the real Grytpype Thynne or an imposter? Please think carefully before you use that photograph.Your children and your children's children could be in mortal danger and all this speculation about the Goons running the world will come to nothing.

On 16 Jan 2012 at 2:51pm scott pringle wrote:
may 27th will be the rapture by ron weidland

On 16 Jan 2012 at 9:13pm KCL wrote:
I can assure you Scott, it's unlikely.

On 17 Jan 2012 at 3:35pm bastian wrote:
one or two more students for the happy pills academy on here this week.

On 19 Jan 2012 at 4:16pm not from around here wrote:
Clifford said "If it does happen you can be sure Paul Newman will blame the unions."
And to be sure you will blame the Tories Clifford in your usual way.

On 20 Jan 2012 at 12:59am scott pringlei wrote:
I agree with u there kcl

On 20 Jan 2012 at 10:41pm KCL wrote:
Just to clarify, it's probably not going to happen on a date that us simple humans predict. - I'd like to challenge you all to come to King's Church with an open mind on Sunday. I know what you're going to say 'They'll probably try and brainwash us' etc etc just come along, sit at the very back if you want. See what we're about.
10am start at brooks road, Lewes (opposite Homebase)

13 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Harveys Brewery Lewes 39:132
Harveys Brewery Lewes

These cultural events get many thousands of people off their arses, flicking around their ipads, and get them actually out there... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like BONFIRE NIGHT, and of course all the out-meetings which go on around this time - and the loud bang at the crack of dawn!
Jojo