Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think


Lewes Forum New message

Eastenders gag on children in need innocent?

3
6
On 18 Nov 2017 at 3:12pm Astrid wrote:
A transgender person has hit out at bbc for their gag on eastenders saying it's transphoBic. I'm not a trans women so this doesn't offend me in the slightest. What do ppl think??
12
10
On 18 Nov 2017 at 3:55pm Mr sensitive wrote:
Pathetic, who cares. It wouldn't be right unless some little snowflake complained because they were offended.
7
6
On 18 Nov 2017 at 4:05pm Bic wrote:
I'm ballpoint phobic. Birophobia.
5
10
On 18 Nov 2017 at 6:05pm Mark wrote:
Mr Sensitive, I wouldn't say that calling someone a pathetic snowflake goes very far in terms of advancing a countering argument. There's a lack of substantive content there. It's akin to saying, "I disagree which means that she's wrong."
10
20
On 18 Nov 2017 at 6:39pm Mark wrote:
You hear that word snowflake bandied about quite a bit these days and I don't like it. It's just a cheap playground taunt. This would be a better response, I think. I believe that gender dysmorphia and homosexuality can only be psychological coping strategies. Scientists have been working for decades trying to identify a genetic cause for either and have got nowhere. They have also failed to identify a hormonal cause. It's a head-scratcher. Homosexuals have only a very limited chance of producing off-spring. The rules of Natural Selection mean that, if there had ever been the possibility of someone being born gay, then that gene would have been the first gene to be eliminated. So where do we go from here? People make a decision at some stage in their lives to become gay or transgender. What of it? They don't harm anyone else by doing this. It's a more positive decision than making a decision to become, say, an estate agent or a Tory politician. Love them and befriend them.
11
5
On 18 Nov 2017 at 6:57pm Billy wrote:
It won't be long before babies are not allowed to be called boys or girls! It will be law that they have to be allowed to choose their own sex.
5
5
On 18 Nov 2017 at 7:57pm Brolacks wrote:
It's got them - it's a geezer. Simple
6
2
On 19 Nov 2017 at 8:18am @Mark wrote:
Aw bless, you don't like the word "snowflake" Who are you going to complain to?
7
2
On 19 Nov 2017 at 8:43am Exerox wrote:
Maybe we could change the word 'offended' for the sentence 'giving a bit of a sh!t about other people's feelings'.
6
1
On 19 Nov 2017 at 11:57am Bert wrote:
Maybe becoming Gay is just another of natures attempts to kerb the population explosion before we completely ruin the earth. But she's thwarted again.
2
3
On 19 Nov 2017 at 7:11pm Bonobo wrote:
@Mark I admire the sentiment but your science is all wrong! No one wakes up one day and decides to be gay any more than anyone decides to be straight. Even if it was possible to change your sexuality through willpower, I don't see why anyone would choose to be gay, seeing as it risks discrimination and in some countries death.
Being gay was and is an evolutionary advantage for certain individual animals. That's why it exists now. (Look at link for Dawkins explaining how it might've come about).
A lot of individual non-human animals are gay and they definitely don't decide to be! In fact bonobos, our closest relatives along with chimps, are fully bisexual. Homosexual activity is evolutionarily useful to them because it's pleasurable and good for bonding and conflict resolution.

Watch the video »
 
 
On 20 Nov 2017 at 3:00pm overthetop wrote:
Wow, lots of strong feelings here.

I think we may be missing the point on this one. Putting a dress on doesn't make you transgender. It's cross dressing or transvestite.

Robbie wasn't impersonating a transgender person. He was an ugly man hiding behind a veil to trick a heterosexual man.
Then again I wasn't paying that much attention to the TV :/
 
1
On 20 Nov 2017 at 3:33pm Enough is enough wrote:
Personally Mark I am offended by everything you just argued and especially your last point about becoming a Tory MP. Everyone has a right to be a Tory MP as much as the next gay man has a right to be gay, I came here to read a little into what my fellow towns people thought on the issue as I had recently seen the issue and was amazing by the idiocy our current culture lends itself to!! I didn't come here for your subtle liberal propaganda, you (suspected) dfl!!!


24 posts left

Your response


You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms


 

Lewes Station 83:132
Lewes Station

Looking for 50bn in cash that the Bank of England seem to have mislaid, perhaps? more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
The Lewes Forum is one of the many great things about Lewes
Nina