Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

EU liberalism...

On 1 Oct 2017 at 10:41pm Clifford wrote:
'Despite calls from Catalan authorities to condemn the brutal police crackdown on their independence referendum, the EU and most member states were reluctant to respond formally...'

What else would you expect? We saw what they did to Greece.
On 1 Oct 2017 at 11:05pm Staying in wrote:
Desperate post
On 1 Oct 2017 at 11:28pm Clifford wrote:
Typical Remain response.
On 2 Oct 2017 at 12:15am Dreamer wrote:
I would love to see Cliff's reaction if Scotland or Northern Ireland pushed an independence referendum through after the Supreme Court ruled it was illegal.
On 2 Oct 2017 at 7:32am Deja Vu wrote:
I did uk police would pull voter out of the booths by the hair before stamping on them, I also doubt rubber bullets would be used on the population. Not sure how you think the comparison stands dreamer?
On 2 Oct 2017 at 8:18am Dreamer wrote:
A devolved region running an illegal referendum for independence. I dunno, where do I see likely parallels? You will notice that the UK government's response to the tragedy in Catalunya has been low key. Can't help but wonder why.
On 2 Oct 2017 at 11:17am Observer wrote:
I don't see what this has got to do with Brexit or the EU. If the EU were to condemn it strongly, or intervene, no doubt it would demonstrate to Clifford how it's a incipient superstate that needs to be stopped.
On 2 Oct 2017 at 2:37pm ForgetHistoryatYourPeril wrote:
Whats your point Clifford? Its not a lack of condemnation from EU countries as you seem so keen to say, but I think you will see a lack of response from any country with a significant secessionist movement. It is not a uniquely 'EU' response.
The Spanish-Catalan issue is pretty serious. One mustn't forget that (Greece aside) Spain is the only Western European country to have had an internal conflict in the past century.
Please stop making, frankly pathetic, statements about serious issues to 'advance' your narrow minded cause. Mind you, its nothing new from you is it?
On 2 Oct 2017 at 7:41pm Staying in wrote:
@cliford. Your thread went as well as the brexit negotiations have been going....not very well. What a mess people like you create.
So if Lewes decided to become an independent state at least we wouldn't have any coppers bothering to turn up because there isn't any. And whos fault is that?
On 2 Oct 2017 at 11:16pm Bod wrote:
@clifford absolutely agree. When push comes to shove the capitalist cartel that is the EU show their true colours with violence against their own citizens while those that oppose this oppressive organisation are portrayed as miopic, isolationist and reactionary. Solidarity with the people of Europe, not the ruling class that will do anything to protect their power and privillage!
On 3 Oct 2017 at 7:43am Trotskyatleastcouldspell wrote:
Like you're old mates in the Soviet Union eh Bod??
On 3 Oct 2017 at 8:00am Staying in wrote:
@bob big words with no foundation. What is your point?
On 3 Oct 2017 at 7:05pm Bod wrote:
Crikey @Trotskyatleastcouldspell, its been a while since I've heard the old "if you don't like it go and live in Russia" line. Fair play to you though, your intellectual reasoning proves that the world is as good as it can be and picking me up on my spelling was just the icing on the cake - well done you!
@Staying in, my point is that the institutions of the EU are designed for and committed to protecting (by violent means when necessary) the wealth and power of the tiny elite to the detriment of the majority. Solidarity with the people of Europe does not equate with support for the owners of capital that will use violence against their own citizens to protect their wealth and privilege (how's my speling Trotskyatleastcouldspell?)
On 3 Oct 2017 at 8:40pm Staying in wrote:
@bob. B@ll@cks.

On 3 Oct 2017 at 9:25pm Bod wrote:
you're really good @staying in, the Oxford Union must have really missed you when you graduated! Oh, and who is this @bob to whom you speak? x

22 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

commercial square badge 30:132
commercial square badge

4 out of the top 5 channels showing the same thing nearly all day. Somewhat excessive.
Got up this morning and the BBC is still... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
The Lewes Forum is one of the many great things about Lewes
Nina