Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

EU Elections

On 14 Feb 2017 at 4:50pm The Greek wrote:
Is there any data available on the amount of people who voted Leave due to "unelected bureaucrats" to see how many of them actually voted in EU elections?

On 14 Feb 2017 at 5:07pm Tom Pain wrote:
No statistics but probably a lot of lies,and damned lies!
On 14 Feb 2017 at 8:29pm Ali g wrote:
We don't care. Please don't start banging on again or my eyes will bleed
On 14 Feb 2017 at 9:04pm Lady wrote:
You sad bunch of t0ssers. This joke of a forum is supposed to be about local issues. Your endless eu/trump/diarrhea is pointless. GET A LIFE.

On 14 Feb 2017 at 9:30pm Newms wrote:
One thing I notice about the EU elections is that they did give representation to UKIP.
UKIP have in the region of 3,800,000 voters, probably more, and they won a referendum that , much as it upsets me , has wrenched the country into new dangerous path. They get one Douglas Carswell in our system.
In the 2015 elections for every 26,000 votes c. the SNP got a seat, the Tories got 32900 votes per seat . In the same election the Liberal party had 349.000 per seat and the Greens 1,100,000 .
Put it another way, half of Scotland’s population, the Unionist half , is now represented by just three MP`s
The Labour Party is now the third place Party behind UKIP and Conservative in gaining working class votes but its impregnable inner city seats stop any new opposition forming
I need hardly say I find the complete non representation of Liberal and Remain opinion whilst the future of the country is carved up an unforgiveable failure .Half the country have no stake in its future and are not even counted as people by our own MP in her crass references to the Triumph of the Will (or something )
We must have reform is this supposed sovereignty is to mean anything >If we do not get it then Caulfields supposed interest in returning power to the people is no more than the shallow self-serving pap we all suspect it is .
So when I support the Liberal Party it is not only because I will never forgive the Conservative Party for Brexit , but also because I have come to see that it is the one Party that genuinely wants a stake for us all in our future

On 14 Feb 2017 at 9:40pm Ali g wrote:
Newms are you just a very committed troll operating from deep cover? Surely? You remind me of those soldierswho are found in the jungle and refuse to believe the war is over. Get a blog and see who is really interested

On 14 Feb 2017 at 9:50pm Megawhat? wrote:
To be fair to the boring hot air wafflers, the post is titled EU elections.. you could kind've see it coming before you clicked on it. As long as there's an honest title that will suggest some self indulgent political guffery then we can always choose not to look!

On 14 Feb 2017 at 9:59pm Newms wrote:
I have to admit I feel a distinct need to think about something else myself . Its just too depressing

On 14 Feb 2017 at 10:02pm Ali g wrote:
Agreed mega what but they do get my goat. I think I might just post cat pictures or something when they start the drone. Anyone got a good joke?

On 14 Feb 2017 at 10:09pm Rehab wrote:
Newms have you got a pet? Post us picture. It will make you feel better
On 14 Feb 2017 at 10:56pm newms wrote:
My cuddly pet Arthur

On 14 Feb 2017 at 11:15pm Busty bar maid wrote:
That's how I picture 'the greek'

On 14 Feb 2017 at 11:17pm Pedro wrote:
What is your purpose in life busty bar maid?

On 15 Feb 2017 at 7:48am Busy bar maid wrote:
Pedro - it's to serve drinks in low cut tops and to annoy dullards on forums. Obviously

On 15 Feb 2017 at 10:59am Pedro wrote:
@busty bar maid. What an honourable and fulfilling purpose that is BBM. I must try to follow your posts more often.

On 15 Feb 2017 at 11:41am The Greek wrote:
I have a feeling that most people's preconceptions of me are wildly incorrect!

21 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

The Swan penny 133:143
The Swan penny

'Reclaim the streets' Tom? You jest. The same procession year after year on one day, the same relentless brainless 'patriotism'... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
The Lewes Forum is one of the many great things about Lewes
Nina