Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Drop the Health Bill

On 1 Jan 2012 at 4:53pm Lizzy wrote:
The Government is planning the biggest re-organisation of the NHS since it began in 1948.
It is unnecessary, unwanted, wasteful and damaging ‚?? and threatens to end the NHS as we know it. Only last year, the Government promised people they wouldn‚??t do it. Many thousands of people have already called on the Government to stop.
But they are ploughing on, ignoring public and professional opinion, out of touch with Britain. We need to make the Government listen before it's too late. Please visit Labour website for more information.

Check it out here »

On 1 Jan 2012 at 4:57pm Lizzy wrote:
Link to Labour website.

Check it out here »

On 1 Jan 2012 at 5:02pm Lizzy wrote:
Up to half of 160,000 NHS beds could be turned over to private patients

* Ministers forced to reveal their private ambitions for the NHS
* Health Bill will turn England's hospitals into American-style hospitals

Labour today reveals the full extent of David Cameron's ambitions to turn NHS hospitals into private businesses, pitting one against another in a competitive market.
In a move that will send shock-waves around the NHS, the Government is seeking to amend its own Health Bill to allow NHS hospitals to devote up to 50% of their beds and theatre time to private patients, replacing Labour's stringent private-patient cap.
The free-market plan will give patients and the public the clearest sign yet of how the character of England's NHS will change if the Government's Bill gets through Parliament in early 2012. It will open the door to an explosion of private work in NHS hospitals.
Labour believes that this plan - coupled with other measures in the Health Bill - will result in lengthening waiting lists for NHS patients. The Government's relaxation of NHS waiting time targets means hospitals are free to devote more theatre time to private patients. And they will have a clear incentive to do so and maximise income, with the move to full financial independence and a "no bail-outs" culture where hospitals in financial trouble are allowed to go bust with no Government help.

On 1 Jan 2012 at 5:14pm bastian wrote:
Lizzy, the thing most people haven't grasped yet is a tiny detail which will absolve the minister of health from his "Duty" to provide free health care at the point of need. It's only a small piece of a hatchet but it is, in a phrase, the end of the NHS.

On 1 Jan 2012 at 5:21pm Lizzy wrote:
The general public need to act now, please sign the e-petition. I do not want to see the end of the NHS.
On 1 Jan 2012 at 6:20pm supporter wrote:
what a load of rubbish Lizzy you really are a labour scaremonger.
The nhs needs reforming is a very wasteful service too much top brass.
It cannot carry in its current form but will always be free to those that need it.

On 1 Jan 2012 at 6:32pm me wrote:
@supporter- this may well be, but privatisation i mean seriously?????? We already have profiteering Gas, Water and Electric companies, A faceless dirty american conglomerate making millions by simply turning the NHS into a machine for profit and nothing else. And hhhhmmmm let me guess now, ministers and buddies on both sides creaming money from the sale and future deals. You have to be blind to think that privatisation of the NHS is a good thing, Unless of course you are one of said greedy, grubby ministers.

On 1 Jan 2012 at 7:42pm Yawn... wrote:
supporter said: 'It cannot carry in its current form but will always be free to those that need it.' What gives you that idea?

On 2 Jan 2012 at 7:30am stig of the hump wrote:
'You have to be blind to think that privatisation of the NHS is a good thing, Unless of course you are one of said greedy, grubby ministers'.., or stupid or, as is the case of one or two prolific posters here, express views whose sole aim is to get up the noses of others, views formed from jealousy, prejudice and spite.

On 2 Jan 2012 at 10:58am supporter wrote:
where did I say that I agree with privatisation? I didn't just saying that reforms are needed.

On 2 Jan 2012 at 11:30am Lizzy wrote:
Supporter - The Health and social bill is real, is in the Lords at present. I am not a Labour supporter, just a loyal NHS health worker of 30 plus years.

On 2 Jan 2012 at 4:41pm me wrote:
It's not as if the "Ruling Scum" have a history of selling of stuff to their mates in order for massive profits to be sucked from the hard working of this country is it now.

On 2 Jan 2012 at 4:43pm me wrote:
I aslo forgot. "If you see Sid - Don't tell him" because when I find him I'll batter the living s**t out of him.
Not showing my age there then

On 3 Jan 2012 at 6:58pm Zebedee wrote:
I got to him first. :-)

On 3 Jan 2012 at 9:35pm supporter wrote:
you should know Lizzy as I do from more years experience in the Health service than you that reforms are needed and there is a lot of money wasted.

22 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Barbican Lewes 7:132
Barbican Lewes

Your condescending attitude can't hide the glaring absence of an answer to any of the points I have made, raving or not. Another... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Liberty cannot be preserved without general knowledge among the people.
John Adams