Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Dog Poo in Lewes

On 27 Jul 2014 at 4:15pm Leslie Hugh-Janus wrote:
We all love dogs and no one loves their pooch more than I do but the behaviour of some dog owners in Lewes is awful. I often suspect though that these people are not resident in Lewes but drive in to take their animals on the lovely walks we Lewes residents have at our fingers tips or should I say toes hahahahaa.
I appeal to everyone scoop it up and take it home and if you see someone leaving it for others to tread in call a dog warden or policeman immediately.
We must stamp out this terrible habit though by saying that I think I may have put my foot in it again with a terrible but unintended pun hahahahahaha.
Seriously though it is beyond a joke and even some of those who do pick it up go to scandalous lengths to dispose of it before they've walked a few more yards. One can often see bags festooning trees and bushes and I've even found one hidden under a tree stump.
It can be worse - only last week my best friend who has a house next to the pathway leading up to the Downs had one of these bags heaved over her fence. Luckily she spotted it as she was having a barbecue and the offending article landed in the middle of the sausages which could have caused quite a stink
On 27 Jul 2014 at 4:17pm Navis wrote:
'Call a Policeman !' You're having a laugh !!
On 27 Jul 2014 at 5:19pm lewes born and bred wrote:
999....hello. police please. Hi, ive just seen someone's dog dump on malling park. Can you deal with this please. LMFAO
On 27 Jul 2014 at 6:13pm drone wrote:
What used to annoy me is when people cleaned up after their dogs & then threw the bag on to the playing field of the school in which I worked
On 27 Jul 2014 at 7:59pm Sussex Jim wrote:
If you know the culprit, put the poo in a paper bag. Go to their house later, put the bag on the doorstep and set light to it. Then ring the bell and leave at once. They will open the door to be confronted with a flaming bag- and stamp on it.

On 28 Jul 2014 at 2:53pm frustrated wrote:
what annoys me with regard to this is when I walk my dog I clear it up in a bag then walk to the bin which is less then twenty metres away from my dogs favourite spot and have to walk past another 3 piles of poo from other dog walkers ,I feel obliged to clear there mess as well so I don't get the blame by passers by as occurred the other day when waling my dog , this lady said very loudly after walking passed the poo and then passed me and my dog " u could at least clean up after your dog " I politely explained that I had just done exactly that and that I had cleared up two other peoples dogs mess , and got told I was a liar and I should be reported. hardly fair when I had already cleared mine and other mess to make sure the park was in a fit state for people to enjoy

On 29 Jul 2014 at 10:02am Sunday morning wrote:
And....... We turn up for a game of footie on a very expensive park pitch , to find dog poo on it , why would a normal person let their dog crap on a playing field , too busy with their iPhone I guess , makes walking the dog more of a pleasure , by ignoring it , dog owners who'd be one !

On 29 Jul 2014 at 3:23pm frustrated wrote:
sunday morning ; I remember that well very clearly,grim and nasty springs to mind ,have the council actually given the clubs a discount/refund yet considering quite how expensive the pitches have become over the last decade and how much dog poo used to be picked up every sunday morning pre-match by the clubs volunteers(not paid staff) ,the Stanley turner and convent field pitches used to be pebble dashed in the dog poo and I notice still are today. it really isn't hard walk your dog if it poo's clear it up (regardless where it poo's ),a bag of poop bags is very cheap and bins aren't that hard to find to place it in ,I know this may mean people have to carry the bag a short distance but so what its a clean bag once tied up, but if that's an issue simple don't own a dog and if you want a dog be responsible and clear up after it .

On 31 Jul 2014 at 8:49pm belladonna wrote:
And its even worse in hot weather - the smell of stinking dog poo is rank. Try walking the path to beach through Tide Mills - its revolting

On 3 Aug 2014 at 2:43pm Leslie Hugh-Janus wrote:
Well Navis Mr Know it All I did call the police last week when I saw a dog, with a rather furtive looking owner, make an extremely large deposit dead centre of the path going past the allottments (well done Greenpeace) that leads up to the Downs. They were very swift to respond and arrived with perfect timing in just under 5 hours - perfect as it was exactly when the offending dog owner and dog returned from what I can only imagine was a very long walk. Who knows what they dumped between them in that time because the owner was carrying no bags except a Waitrose Bag for Life which was clearly empty.
I am happy to say he was given a severe telling off by a very burly but kind faced bobby just like we used to see on Dixon of Dock Green

27 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Cliffe Tableau 2015 Alight 22:132
Cliffe Tableau 2015 Alight

Always good to hear from you or see you IDM whether on the dance floor or on here. Good luck with the new project. Keep us posted. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the fact it's safe enough to leave windows open and shops don't need to put grills up at night.
Maddie