Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Does anyone in Lewes remember Colette Chapman?

On 4 Aug 2018 at 4:14pm Bob wrote:
Daphne Colette Chapman, nee Pate, was licensee of the Royal Oak in Station Street Lewes for many years. She was my birth mother and I was adopted at 6 weeks old. I visited her on a several occasions back in the day and it being a public house, I had the opportunity of talking to her without ever disclosing my identity. So I never knew my mother and rather belatedly, I would very much welcome anyone's help who might remember Colette. I believe she was a bit of a character.
On 4 Aug 2018 at 8:34pm George and Dragon wrote:
This thread might be better directed towards the "Lewes Past" Facebook page. Colette was a much loved part of the fabric of Lewes and you'll find lots of people on there that will tell you lots of stories about her.
On 5 Aug 2018 at 6:25pm Bob Niblett wrote:
George and Dragon: Many thanks for the advice, my son has sent a message to ‘Lewes Past’ Facebook group about Colette Chapman so I’ll keep my fingers crossed that there will be a good response. It sounds as if you might have known her too and perhaps you would be willing to share some memories. Thanks again, Bob.

34 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

The Pells 130:142
The Pells

It's hard to decide who is the funniest on here: 'Chicken Licken' Cool Hand Luke or 'Street Fighting Man' Sensible. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine