Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Dodgy treatment of staff at the Aqua chain

On 31 Mar 2018 at 3:09pm MG wrote:
Check it out here:

Check it out here »
On 31 Mar 2018 at 3:29pm Clifford wrote:
It'ds quite simple, isn't it? A member of Aqua Lewes management just has to come on here and tell us whether this is the case or not. If it is, they only need to tell us they are ending the practice and we won't have to consider boycotting the restaurant.
On 31 Mar 2018 at 3:51pm madge wrote:
Thanks for posting this. Urge everyone to boycott. Waiting staff are often vulnerable and treated badly. These chains, spurred on by greed turn out bland food that is usually brought in. They rarely if ever support local providers. the profit is leeched out of Lewes. And they are squeezing out independent businesses.
On 31 Mar 2018 at 5:44pm Staying in wrote:
Yeah boycott so they cut back on staff. Well thought out plan. Nice one.
On 31 Mar 2018 at 6:55pm Earl of Lewess wrote:
If you're going to boycott, it's best to say something on Twitter so the management see it.
On 31 Mar 2018 at 7:01pm Just me wrote:
I read this a while ago so havenít read this full article. Not sure if it states it but the waiters/waitress have to pay a percentage regardless of it they have a tip therefore, if you had a large group come in and spend say £400 and no tip the server will have to still pay for that table. This has effectively meant that some staff are falling below minimum wage for the job they are doing
On 31 Mar 2018 at 8:15pm Clifford wrote:
Staying in wrote: 'Yeah boycott so they cut back on staff. Well thought out plan. Nice one.'
Yes, Staying in, always best never to do anything about anything, isn't it? Just sit back smugly. What about if the staff decided to strike? Would you support that or tell them to get another job if they don't like the conditions?
On 31 Mar 2018 at 11:05pm Bob wrote:
No one is being forced to work there are they ? More fool them then. Why not picket outside if you feel that strongly.
On 1 Apr 2018 at 7:10am Harry wrote:
what we do in most places we eat is this.
if we pay by card . do not put a tip on it. we five the staff cash tips best way of tgem keep it.
On 1 Apr 2018 at 8:02am Cash wrote:
Cash is always best, letís do more cash and less cards..
On 1 Apr 2018 at 10:10am @clifford wrote:
Cliford,giodluck with your dirty little boycott which will achieve nothing. You are ridiculous in thinking that will do anything but cost jobs. Stick to your usual monologue as you are clearly out of your depth. Best thing to do is support the staff by going in and tipping well. You keyboard warrior types are going to achieve nothing.

On 2 Apr 2018 at 12:12pm belle wrote:
Whats wrong with pooled cash/card tips being divided equally between all staff?
I'm boycotting Aqua because it's treating its staff poorly, it's a bland chain, the food is dull and my friends got food poisoning there.
On 2 Apr 2018 at 1:12pm ende wrote:
Boycott ALL chains
On 3 Apr 2018 at 9:42am @Harry wrote:
It doesn't matter how you pay at Aqua, the waiting staff are made to pay a percentage of the overall table cost and not the tip.

23 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

The Swan penny 123:132
The Swan penny

Well it looks as if I can jet off soon , none of the loud mouths with nothing behind them have anything to say, all piss and wind... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell