Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think


Lewes Forum New message

Doctors "On Call"

1
2
On 23 Jan 2018 at 11:10am Tim wrote:
Does anyone know why Doctors "on call" have a personal driver? Probably a good reason, maybe someone can advise. Otherwise, savings to be made?
5
1
On 23 Jan 2018 at 11:23am Horseman7 wrote:
Safety.
2
5
On 23 Jan 2018 at 11:31am Tim wrote:
Really, why? I don't mean those who attend emergencies with blue lights, I mean the GPs who come out at night and weekends. My Gas Fitter doesn't have a personal driver.
4
10
On 23 Jan 2018 at 11:57am nice but dim wrote:
Your gas fitter doesn't have to think much - it's all on his computer. Most of them couldn't fit a French letter. British Gas that is - the independents are salt of the earth. Also Dr.s don't need to waste time finding parking spaces. So it's about time, the Dr's thinking/diagnosing time etc.
7
7
On 23 Jan 2018 at 12:06pm Tim wrote:
Do Community Nurses have a personal driver?
7
5
On 23 Jan 2018 at 12:08pm Not a nurse wrote:
No they don't.
7
6
On 23 Jan 2018 at 12:17pm Landporter wrote:
What’s your point Tim? You obviously have something you need to get off your chest
4
3
On 23 Jan 2018 at 12:19pm Pox Doctor @ Tim wrote:
Try Benylin. Well said landporter
5
5
On 23 Jan 2018 at 12:45pm Tim wrote:
My point - I think it is an extravagance and an opportunity for cost saving. My GP drives himself to his practice and presumably drives himself to the shops etc in his leisure time. Yet, when he is on-call, he has a personal driver. Is it really necessary? Can it be justified?
No other reason but if everyone thinks it is money well spent, then so be it.
5
12
On 23 Jan 2018 at 12:50pm @Nice but dim wrote:
No offence to GP's, but they don't have to think much either...
For every illness or ailment, they "have a mate who specialises in it", I could literally do their job: "Sorry I don't know, but let me refer you to a real doctor".
No of course they don't need a personal driver, I'm going to have to Google it as I don't believe they have one.
6
4
On 23 Jan 2018 at 7:57pm the people wrote:
Tim - Doctor when mobile are writing notes emailing etc. If they had no driver they would see less patients. Obvious really....
3
5
On 23 Jan 2018 at 8:19pm Me wrote:
I expect it's so they can check on their pension pots in-between calls. And count down to retirement. Beats working for a living. Lazy b@stards with their three week Christmas break. They should be made to help in hospitals. I mean has anyone actually managed to get a doctor out 'on call'. I doubt it.
1
1
On 23 Jan 2018 at 8:30pm Bert wrote:
I thought they had a card that clearly said "Doctor on Call" for the windscreen. Mind you, with the parking situation in Lewes and the neo-parking police who would ticket it anyway regardles, in case it was a scammer.
1
 
On 23 Jan 2018 at 9:06pm Minnie wrote:
On Call and out of hours drs have a driver because they write all there notees in the car on the way to the next patient.
1
4
On 23 Jan 2018 at 11:12pm Bongo wrote:
You are assuming that all Dr's can drive?
1
2
On 24 Jan 2018 at 9:43am Blatant Liar wrote:
What's the point of sending a doctor that can't drive out on call?


21 posts left

Your response


You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms


 

The Swan penny 123:132
The Swan penny

To be more specific~ on the pages of posts, above " the quote of the moment" box, there is another box "last post". I clicked it... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Liberty cannot be preserved without general knowledge among the people.
John Adams