Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Discharge of firearms

On 13 Jun 2015 at 9:57am John wrote:
I have noticed on two occasions now that someone is live firing in the chalk pit on malling down. Now we are not talking about shotguns but it sounds high velocity, What is going on?
Last week a large white van was inside the pit and I saw yesterday a small sign on the gate with a warning that shooting was taking place.
Is someone killing the wildlife? If so is this allowed in a national park? Are they licensed and professional.
The safety aspect bothers me as many people walk their dogs up nearby tracks and a small A4 sign fixed to a gate is not sufficient.
On 13 Jun 2015 at 10:33am townie wrote:
Why are you posting on here and not reporting it to the Police ? Not sure what wildlife they'd be killing except a few manky rabbits...not exactly the Serengeti around here.
On 13 Jun 2015 at 10:53am Historian wrote:
I like a Big Bang at the weekend.

On 13 Jun 2015 at 11:08pm p.c wrote:
it may be the old bill
On 14 Jun 2015 at 3:44pm bastian wrote:
chalk piy inn always used to have clay pigeons in it. As long as they aren't firing in town, and there is a notice to warn you, what's the problem, keep your distance if you see a sign like that. The old gun club down the pells lane closed years ago.

32 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

rye bonfire badge 103:132
rye bonfire badge

Eddi: Amazon delivered your parcels to us today you've got the wrong address in your account.

Please let me know what you... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone
Nancy