Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Depot Cinema

On 15 May 2015 at 12:14am Dickie wrote:
Hi All
Does anybody know what's happening with the Depot Cinema?
Is everything in place? And if so, are they still on course to open next year?
Absolutely nothing at all on the website and Twitter accounts.
On 15 May 2015 at 6:03am Amon wildes wrote:
Gearing up, tenders in soon. Lots of interesting ideas. Sign up for their newsletters. Have't got the link but dial up The Depot on Google and no doubt it's there.
On 15 May 2015 at 1:22pm Zzz.. wrote:
carmen has just sent out a newsletter. They are waiting for the tenders to come in with building projected to start before
r the end of this year. Sign up for the newsletter from the link below

Check it out here »

On 17 May 2015 at 8:42pm Ahem wrote:
I would not regard the Depot Cinema announcements as being all that reliable..
"One of the group’s representatives, Robert Senior, predicted the new complex would cost between “two to three million pounds” and would be open by summer 2014."

On 18 May 2015 at 8:46am Anon wrote:
He probably had no idea how much trouble the greedy East Sussex Highways Authority were going to cause, and how much this would delay the planning decision.

On 28 May 2015 at 4:34pm Ahem wrote:
If he was experienced and realistic he would have predicted that I think. There should have been in a clue in the fact that other cinema companies inc. City Screen (operators of the Duke of York's) had (I'm told) previously rejected the site as unsuitable. It's still the same site and is still in an unsuitable position - regardless of how grand the plans are.

31 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Arched gateway 5:132
Arched gateway

To Dreamer 27 Oct 19-52. There is also the point that a parrot copies what s/he has heard, rather than creating something... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.
George Washington