Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Criminal damage

On 3 Feb 2011 at 8:47pm Anna Roberts wrote:
Hello, It's Anna from the Argus. Last Friday to Saturday yobs caused damage to lots of cars in Lewes.
I'm after victims. Can anyone call me on 01273 544 539 or email anna.roberts@theargus.co.uk
The roads affected were Ham Lane, Cockshut Road, Dorset Road, Eastport Lane, Gardner Street, St Pancras Gardens, Rotten Row, De Montfort Road, Leicester Road and Prince Edward Road.
Thanks
Anna

On 3 Feb 2011 at 9:05pm Victim wrote:
Seems to happen a great deal - about a year ago 40+ cars had their tyres slashed in Malling St, Chapel Hill and Cuilfail. Of course plod couldn't care less.

On 3 Feb 2011 at 10:15pm piglet wrote:
What about the 30+ vehicles in Hawkenbury/Gallops last year? Caused a great deal of distress to all concerned except to the undoubted teenagers who did it - hardly going to be drugged up OAP's?
Maybe this why the old bill are making it so difficult to get into their latest disastrous web site (Police.UK) where Lewes doesn't exist.
I am afraid that Lewes is becoming a lawless town and I can only recommend a large lump of wood if you see them at it - poor old Nathalie? Mahony? the local head plod thinks that crime is going down - she must be thinking about the other Lewes, the one you can't find on Police.UK.
As soon as I can, I'm off to the Highlands, anyone else want to come?

On 3 Feb 2011 at 10:49pm wanderer wrote:
yep happened last yr I knew exactly who done it police knew but couldnt prove it they said even tho said person was nicked doing another set of cars up the road the same night .I asked for a vehicle inspection on my car and was told my car is not worth the inspection fee !!!
to them maybe to me it was my wheels which ended up being scrapped due to excess being more than the car

On 3 Feb 2011 at 10:57pm Victim 2 wrote:
I had my Windows smashed last year, called the police, they give me a crime number, they did't bother to come out or follow up on the crime, or victim complete waste of tax payers money. Every Friday night its the same lawless society causing a nuisance, never any police on a Friday Night in the Town, however plenty on a Sunday afternoon for a handful of peaceful protesters outside Boots.

On 3 Feb 2011 at 11:16pm piglet wrote:
Wanderer - you have my sympathy - if it's any consolation, one of my neighbours caught one of the little oiks trying to break into his vehicle the same niight about 03:00 and managed to get hold of them - unfortunately by the time plod turned up, the little sod had managed to get away - last seen hiding in front of the Police garage, Western Road.
Victim 2 if you were a copper, what would rather do? A load of paperwork over your windows with not much chance of a result, or a fully legal punch up with your mates outside Boots? No contest - a nice cup of tea and a bacon sandwich and just time to get back and polish up my size 10 combat boots.

On 4 Feb 2011 at 6:28am lewes born and bred wrote:
Good god, some of you are seriously deluded.
@ victim. What do you want the old bill to do ? There's no finger prints, no DNA infact, apart from a slashed tyre, there's absolutely nothing. Maybe you want them to come over to yours, have a nice cup of tea with you and let them tell you how sorry they are. PATHETIC
Plus, lawless society ??? you should try living in some of the inner London slums. Lewes will seem like a holiday camp compared to those.
And, "a fully legalised PUNCH UP" i presume you saw the video clip ? not exactly the "rumble in the jungle" you make it out to be is it Piglet.

On 4 Feb 2011 at 8:09am Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
This sort of thing brings out my latent Daily Express reader, I'm afraid. I think there should be a curfew and anyone under 25 should be indoors by 9.00 pm or get picked up by snatch squads and kept in over the weekend.
Best go and get me Guardian before I turn blue, I think.

On 4 Feb 2011 at 10:37am piglet wrote:
I don't know where you live lewes born and bred, but from where I see it, the little gangs of teenagers roaming around at night worry me a lot more than the Krays ever did. No I didn't see the clip, but seeing some of the coppers around these days, looking tough beats the hell out of form-filling.
At least it gave you something to do at 06:30

On 4 Feb 2011 at 10:39am Lorne Order wrote:
When the Police Authority cannot run an operating police station for years it is hardly surprising that some Lewes residents are not very impressed whatever the truth is. One thing that the police need to understand is that if you have no presence in a town for years, then a whole generation of young people grow up thinking that they will never be answerable to anyone. Not an excuse but an explaination why all the usual youth antics of the past that many of us will plead guilty too, have escalated into more serious crime. And before anyone starts making comments about these petty criminals being from some kind of Lewes underbelly, I would draw attention to a peer, an MP's, as well as a young Viscount being found guity recently of various crimes! Maybe we should have all made more of a fuss about being abandoned with no proper local law enforcement.

On 4 Feb 2011 at 12:13pm Brixtonbelle wrote:
Cripes, where is all this crime happening ? I'm often walking home from the station late at night and I hardly see anyone - in fact the emptiness of the town spooks me more than anything.

On 4 Feb 2011 at 12:27pm lewes born and bred wrote:
So Piglet, you made things up about the police having a legalised punch up...the video's there for you to see. You're also worried about "little gangs of teenagers" ? May i suggest you emigrate.

On 4 Feb 2011 at 1:11pm hoist wrote:
Lewes born and bred - don't worry, any potential dfls will be bound to be put off from moving here if they get to see your posts on this forum. Then the whole town could be full of people just like you.
For the record - what's so great about staying all of your life in the same little town? Is it just that it makes you into a boring, unadventurous, narrow-minded, intolerant bigot of the type that you are likely to get along with?

On 4 Feb 2011 at 1:59pm lewes born and bred wrote:
Hoist, for the record, nothing's great about staying all of my life in the same little town. Indeed did i say that i had lived here all my life ? some people really do read some utter bullox into what people put on this forum. Infact i detest this bloody place, the only reason im here is because i can't afford to move and the kids are settled at school here. It's got nothing here and i do my shopping in Brighton, Uckfield or Burgess Hill
So up yours pal.

On 4 Feb 2011 at 2:13pm Hoist wrote:
Stop banging on about it then. Your name sounds like a bad ITV drama.
Glad to hear that you just about hate everything equally though.
And up yours with bigger knobs on.

On 4 Feb 2011 at 8:20pm george Doors wrote:
Brixtonbelle, i suspect the reason you don't see much crime is because generally people don't try and commit crimes like vandalism, burglary and theft, when someone is watching....! :-)

On 4 Feb 2011 at 8:29pm popeye wrote:
Ha Ha I cant believe all this petty squabbling, like I remarked in one of the other threads it starts off as a very interesting topic and ends up going pear shaped. Now kiss and make up you two and keep an eye on your cars. By the way, why cant they have the police patrolling the streets at night it would certainly make it more difficult to commit a crime and would be good exercise for the plod. Before you reply to this count to ten.

On 4 Feb 2011 at 10:03pm piglet wrote:
Dear oh dear Lewes born and bred - calm down. You need to get your facts right. I never said that that there was actually a punch up, but if you have seen any of the news recently, kettling and rough handling of the public seems to be more attractive to the SAS lookalikes than worrying about your slashed tyres or whatever.
By the sounds of it, you are the one who needs to emigrate.
Nice to see debate alive and well in sleepy old Lewes, Paine would be proud.

On 5 Feb 2011 at 9:10am Deelite wrote:
@ lewes born and bred
You are situated in one of the most expensive towns in Sussex. If you own a property it cannot be too expensive to move, so as you add no value to Lewes yourself do the town a favour and move to somewhere that suits your tastes... and stop your crabby whining!

On 6 Feb 2011 at 7:47am Lewes sam wrote:
If you Visit the Police websites the PCSo's for your area can be contacted to report these Minor things (Sorry but they are in the scheme of it).
You can also tweet the local pcso (maybe webbo can add a few of the twitter id's) It's all about building up information about the little S***s causing the trouble. Once they have information you will see the real police doing more about these small things.

On 7 Feb 2011 at 11:07am olithedrifter wrote:
had my car windscreen and my passenger window smashed within 2 weeks. that was in the course. police came the following day on each occasion and did what they could. love to catch the b*******

16 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Pells Pond 96:132
Pells Pond

Too busy working to write too busy working messages. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone