Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Crime in progress at the Lamb

On 5 May 2017 at 8:14pm Deckard wrote:
It would appear that the new owners of the lamb are hellbent on taking the pub back in time to the 1990's. What a bunch of thoughtless bstard's. There's a reason the pub has been soooo of successful under the President of Cliffe.
No tv
No juke box
No pub games
A place for peeps to create and enjoy the ambiance, the atmosphere, have a proper conversation with real people and not the plastic population. Such a shame. Such a waste. How not to impress the lewes drinker!!!
There was a reason all the above were taken out of the lamb back in the day.
At least it may guarantee a 24 police presence in Lewes.
Doh!!!! Plonkers!!!!
If it ain't broke...... et all!!!
On 5 May 2017 at 11:36pm Tony wrote:
All the bands gone to the ELLY now. Loads of young kids all over the street. Looks a riot
On 6 May 2017 at 12:00am Waiter wrote:
Change is often difficult to accept, and no establishment can please all of the people all of the time. The costly adjustments and expansion of the customer experience at The Lamb would surely have been brought about only after carefully considering the broadest possible market reaction. When a need is commercially identified, who would not want to serve it for the benefit of customers and the business? In our experience, these additions are popular attractions for drinkers in general, and encourage longer active trading sessions on the premises, not to mention a small but significant extra revenue brought in by the machines' operation. I drove past late tonight and saw very lively trading.
On 6 May 2017 at 3:37am Drinker wrote:
The only considerations they seem to have made to improving customer experience, have been taken straight from The Crown, The Tally Ho, The Royal Oak and The Volly.
Not what The Lamb is about. It's infuriating, and above all upsetting to see.
On 6 May 2017 at 5:46am Howard wrote:
Green King = chav
On 6 May 2017 at 6:06am Last time wrote:
I was in there there was a space invaders machine and all the lads had Rod Stewart haircuts.
On 6 May 2017 at 7:39am Alan the cat wrote:
So pee drone is a waiter.
On 6 May 2017 at 10:24am ClarifiedButler wrote:
So glad my life doesn't revolve around 'the pub'. Admittedly it does revolve around avoiding bumping people I know on my to the supermarket to get junk food I then binge on before slipping into a food fueled stupor whilst watching cat videos on YouTube but...
On 6 May 2017 at 10:36am Pedro wrote:
@ ClarifiedButler - that still sounds preferable to a glass to the back of the head and a hangover on overpriced booze!

I grew out of regular "pub nights" a few years ago and feel better and healthier for it. Oooh, I can't wait to see how many dislikes I accumulate now!
On 6 May 2017 at 2:01pm Alan the cat wrote:
I bet you could clear a bar quicker than an outbreak of ebola.
On 7 May 2017 at 8:47pm I wrote:
Drinker. How dare u diss the tally. It is a well run and popular estate pub. The landlord looks after his pub teams and I have been nothing but welcomed there. There is rarely any trouble there either. Have u ever been there.
On 7 May 2017 at 10:49pm Hooky wrote:
Does anyone else consider it only fair and reasonable to expect pub landlords to check and clear up broken glasses / bottles within say a 50 yard radius of their establishments each morning?
This morning for instance, there was broken glass (very hazardous to dogs, for example) in the immediate vicinity of the Lamb, the Lansdown, the Royal Oak, the Elly, the Volly and the Gardeners. They were the only places I walked past, so the probem may have been more widespread. I accept that there is a chance of the glass resulting from non-customers, but a bit of community-mindedness would be appreciated.
On 8 May 2017 at 11:11am Ed Can Do wrote:
Slightly weird opening post, Alec was a member of Waterloo, not Cliffe and wasn't the president. Also the pub was virtually empty all week except for Friday and Saturday nights. Personally I think it's nice to have another pub with a pool table, they're increasingly rare these days. The Lamb is still going to have live music on the weekends so I fail to see how encouraging punters to go there the rest of the week is ruining anything.

Also I don't find it at all surprising that Pedders is worried about getting glassed every time he goes in a pub, despite nobody having been glassed in Lewes since the 90's.

24 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Closet and Botts 29:132
Closet and Botts

QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like All the wide open spaces on the downs
Jojo