Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Cowboy-phobia

On 6 Feb 2007 at 8:25pm TerryTubbie wrote:
Reading the previous forum post about builder recommendations, only one got recommended. (Steve in Newick). Are there any others who could tackle knocking a (supporting) wall through and doing up my basement? Go on, recommend a local for some business. The idea of risking my meagre cash reserves on an unknown builder frightens the hell out of me - it's taken me 5 years to save it up, I am not a rich man. The Philcox guys seem pleasant and knowledgable but I suspect my little project is not worth them getting out of bed for.

On 6 Feb 2007 at 10:40pm Smiler wrote:
You could have a look at Lewes Artisans there are a few small builders on there that coule handle that sort of job.
But be warned I asked Lewes builders Tredfields to give me a quote on some work I needed doing and after discussing the job at length with them they said they would be happy to quote and I never heard from them again even after repeatedly chasing them.

On 7 Feb 2007 at 9:09am Avidfan wrote:
Yes the Lewes Artisans site was good but is now no more. One who advertised on the site, Steve Holford is very good and seems to prefer smaller works. I've seen his work and spoken to some of his clients and all seems very good.

On 7 Feb 2007 at 11:50am Maddie wrote:
We got a quote for some work from Philcox and, although they're undoubtedly good quality, they don't come cheap (and why should they??) In the end we got Dominic Rayne (D Rayne Builders), who was pretty efficient.

On 8 Feb 2007 at 7:32pm TerryTubbie wrote:
Yes, shame about the Artisans site - victim of its own success. Anyone recommend G M Moore Associates in Laughton. Thanks for the other suggestions.

32 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes centre of The Cosmos 64:132
Lewes centre of The Cosmos

Is it not obvious that the part of the project in England will be discussed here not in Greece or Lithuania? more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell