Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Council Offices Fisher Street

On 15 Nov 2013 at 2:34pm nd wrote:
Does anyone know what is happening to the old Housing Services Council Offices on Fisher Street - it's all boarded up!

On 15 Nov 2013 at 3:44pm LDC worker wrote:
If you mean the one opposite the Town Hall, it's being converted to flats. It was finance.

On 15 Nov 2013 at 3:46pm Tim wrote:
They have moved to a more modern building. Southover house I think . Near the Grange.

On 15 Nov 2013 at 5:48pm Border Control wrote:
Luxury Flats !! Haha

On 15 Nov 2013 at 9:26pm Thursday's Child wrote:
I wonder if the building been renamed Lewes Mansion in anticipation of some pretentious residents?
Wonder what the other LDC buildings in Fisher Street will be called when they are redeveloped?

On 16 Nov 2013 at 7:19am Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
I think they should call the building Council House.

I'm thinking of opening a book on the next public building to be converted into flats. The public lavs near the station must surely be ripe for redevelopment, and there's a little borehole or something on Western Road that I'm sure Southern Water could manage without. Could probably get half a dozen flats on that plot.

Given that the asking price of a studio flat above the Cancer Research shop is 175k, almost any development in Lewes must have a profit in it.

On 18 Nov 2013 at 10:11am Ratty wrote:
How about that phone box (if it's still there) between the Lansdown and the public lavs by the station. Bijou residence with easy links to the station. All mod cons just a short stroll away.

On 20 Nov 2013 at 8:19am Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
There's an electricity sub-station on a little green at the top of the Nevill. If that was relocated, you could get a nice detached house on there.
After all, they built one when they moved the sub-station in Castle Ditch Lane.

29 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

South Downs Way 106:132
South Downs Way

Ugh, you give TP an inch and he takes a mile with eugenics and other wackadoodle stuff. I do sense though that the power is... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
The Lewes Forum is one of the many great things about Lewes
Nina