Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Cole's fair

On 22 May 2016 at 12:46am Pissoff parent wrote:
How much longer do we have to put up with the scum fair ground workers trying to pick fights with our kids,?
On 22 May 2016 at 8:24am townie wrote:
Of course it's never your kids provoking them or starting it in the first place....is it? Strange one really, born and bred in Lewes, been here for over 50 years, done the fairs and pubs of Lewes as well as the clubs and arcades of Brighton and Eastbourne and never in my life have I been involved in any kind of fight. Always thought that if you go looking for trouble, you'll find it.
On 22 May 2016 at 9:09am Dad wrote:
My kids got short changed at the fair. The guy on the ride just stared at them and said "that's alright, isn't it". Clearly some dodgy people working there. Lesson learned for the future.
On 22 May 2016 at 9:12am Dad wrote:
I take that back actually - at least one dodgy person working there (person, not people). It only happened once.
On 22 May 2016 at 9:34am Tipex wrote:
"Pissoff Parent" - do just that.
On 22 May 2016 at 11:22am Cynic wrote:
Travelling fair folk a bit dodgy? Wow. Never knew that.
DUH!
On 22 May 2016 at 1:17pm Parent wrote:
I once lost my wallet at a fair. 30 minutes later I went back to the ride to ask if anyone had found it. The teenage lad who was running the ride handed the wallet to me, with nothing missing - not even the cash.
On 22 May 2016 at 5:25pm bastian wrote:
Sending your kids to the fair is all part of the game, learning the frisson of life-wouldn't be right if it was all middle class fun!
they'll love the boutique p**s up on the convent field-I mean festival!
On 22 May 2016 at 8:33pm Fair play wrote:
As I know the owner personally and have for over thirty years I know who I would rather know just in case you keyboard warrior artisan bread eating opinionated up starts that give me every reason not to visit lewes that often I will make it simple I'd choose the fair ground people over you every time
Ps look forward to them pitching up soon where I live at least you know where you stand with them can't say the same bout all the negative people on here
On 23 May 2016 at 1:27am Carnie wrote:
Fair play I couldn't have said it better. I've walked my dog for the last few years around Malling fields wherecthe fair regularly sets uo and the local oiks that hang around there with their skateboards are vile and obnoxious. Many of the kids around this town have no respect or manners and come from those stupid "children led" families who eat organic grass for breakfast and a bit of lanolin free wool for dinner. I'd love to see some of those brats attempting to work as hard as the fairground teens do but unfortunately we will never see it as their kaftan wearing Mothers baby them to within an inch of their lives.

On 23 May 2016 at 6:38pm Tom Hark wrote:
My Dad used to be on the fairgrounds. Fairground people are incredibly hard working and generous, and I agree with Fair Play-I know who I'd rather be friends with. Billy Cole is lovely.
On 23 May 2016 at 7:27pm Easy lay wrote:
Billy is lovely as long as you have a pulse
On 24 May 2016 at 11:09pm Fair play wrote:
Spoke to bill yesterday I count myself lucky to know him I have never judged him cos of his background I don't need to I look past the stigma that people cast and see the real person trust me their loss

24 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Arch Bishop burning 4:132
Arch Bishop burning

Hi everyone,

I am moving into Lewes imminently and am looking for a 2 bed if anyone knows of anywhere.

Me and my son,... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.
George Washington