Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think


Lewes Forum New message

Chris whitty

5
 
On 5 Jul 2023 at 10:46am Nevillman wrote:
Apparently Chris whitty has made some revelations on the COVID caper that seem to point the ridicule elsewhere. Anyone any idea about any of this?
6
 
On 5 Jul 2023 at 11:24am Green Sleeves wrote:
Didn't Whitty get attacked by two blokes in public a couple of years back during the pandemic? He is basically the UKs version of Americas public health official Anthony Fauci - much maligned and demonised by the anti-covidiot crew, and the consequences are their own safety at risk, due to the conspiracy group mob mentality. They prefer to credit totally uneducated and unqualified rabble rousers and attack scientists instead.

But looking forward to hearing TPs god-awful take on the matter and Whittys "capers". I'm sure we've not heard it all a million times before....
9
 
On 5 Jul 2023 at 3:09pm Tom Pain wrote:
He mentioned that the lockdown was instigated by the government not the scientific advisors. Your gushing admiration is getting embarrassing sleevie, people will start talking, you know very well what small minds in small towns are like.
2
 
On 5 Jul 2023 at 4:08pm Nevillman wrote:
Isn't that the way it should be? Policy should be formed by the elected representatives. Did he say that he had advised against the lockdown or thought they were a bad idea?
2
 
On 6 Jul 2023 at 3:13pm Green Sleeves wrote:
I have no admiration for you, and I don't give Chris Whitty much thought to be honest. Perhaps I should. He is probably a villain as most chief medical officers are.
6
 
On 6 Jul 2023 at 8:59pm Tom Pain wrote:
So the government wanted a lockdown and advised the advisors to recommend it? A bit of weird social engineering. Perhaps their "nudge unit" needed something to do, they've got to earn their salaries.
7
 
On 6 Jul 2023 at 9:29pm Green Sleeves wrote:
Jesus wept. The UK government were so painfully slow to lockdown, the notion they were "instigating" it seems pretty laughable.
4
 
On 6 Jul 2023 at 10:25pm Tom Pain wrote:
Read the reports, then laugh. I didn't, it was obviously political in the first place. The Tories are the party of global corporations and they did very well out of it.
6
 
On 7 Jul 2023 at 8:19am Nevillman wrote:
What makes you think Chris whitty is a villain green? What is your experience of chief medical officers that makes you say it? I don't know anything about Chris whitty at all but I get the feeling he was doing his best to give the best advice he could as he saw it using his experience and the other knowledge and experience of anyone else with expertise in the area of COVID.
The idea that the government wanted a lockdown Tom is ridiculous. What is your evidence for this? Once it was in place I don't dispute that they used it to help a few of their supporters win lucrative contacts but it looks to me like it was hugely disruptive to most businesses.
You may dispute this Tom but all the evidence was that taking no measures at all would have lead to a lot more deaths. Personally I would have been happy to have seen them tell those who felt vulnerable to self isolate and made it as easy as possible for them to do so but the government took the not unreasonable position that they would be blamed for however many excess deaths that would then be laid at the door of a government which did not do more to prevent infection. Most other countries were locking down and they would be responsible for whatever figure was eventually given for the number of deaths not locking down caused. They would have reasoned that this could well cost them an election.
1
 
On 7 Jul 2023 at 10:40am Tom Pain wrote:
Most businesses perhaps but not the biggest, they thrive when small to medium, the ones that drive gdp, fail. Most people don't blame the government when diseases kill; unless the media continually tout the idea. Locking down the healthy has never been done before because it's an insane option, the blowback of which is becoming apparent now with high excess mortality and increased indebtedness. Funny how the media is very quiet about this now that it's not politically expedient.
2
 
On 7 Jul 2023 at 4:46pm Green Sleeves wrote:
I don't really think Whitty is a villain. I was just mocking TP, as he always seems to have a strong opinion against him, and Anthony Falci in the USA. They were the targets of conspiracy theory nutters.
2
 
On 7 Jul 2023 at 4:54pm Tom Pain wrote:
When and where?
3
 
On 7 Jul 2023 at 5:27pm Green Sleeves wrote:
The dark web, and the Daily Mail comments sections. Mainly gammons who think the world is one giant conspiracy. Seem to recall Russell Brand constantly bleat about those two as well.
2
 
On 7 Jul 2023 at 11:14pm Tom Pain wrote:
So why mention me when the only gammon on the forum bleating about him is you? This week's Helmut Fustercluck memorial award is yours.....yet again.
2
 
On 8 Jul 2023 at 11:08am Green Sleeves wrote:
No TP, i'm a libtard, remoaner, globalist. I therefore can't be a gammon. Gammon tags are strictly for brexiteers and conspiracy loons. We don't fear the big bad wolf outsiders (immigrants, foreigners, strangers etc) like you gammons.....perhaps its because wolves would like to eat gammon, so you fear you are a bigger target for their consumption.
2
 
On 8 Jul 2023 at 8:54pm Tom Pain wrote:
Inclusive? Diverse opinions?


21 posts left

Your response


You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms


 

Lewes Spires 80:132
Lewes Spires

I just saw your galileo nonsense, so relax. Your posts are coming through lol, not that they do you any favours! more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the fact it's safe enough to leave windows open and shops don't need to put grills up at night.
Maddie