Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think


Lewes Forum New message

Choice For Labour

1
 
On 21 Apr 2011 at 7:56pm Paul Newman wrote:
The Labour Party are now only on level pegging with Conservatives which at this stage is grim news ( IPSOS MORI) 40% each . The Liberals are down from a high of 26% at the last Council elections to 11% and so should suffer if national trends are replicated. AV has separated out to different visions for Labour who are split 50/50 (Lib Dems and Tories are overwhelmingly decided on each side ).The Unions , left and grass roots are all anti AV seeing it as the end of socialism and working class representation. They see the future is in reclaiming the 4,000,000 C1s and C2s Labour have lost to indifference with immigration an important issue.
The elite , Guardian Fabians Blairites and progressives relish losing the Unions and much of their working class support .They would prefer a focus on second preferences to non voters and head for the Liberal centre even if it means betraying the Labour Party to being just a coalition partner.
With the No Campaign far ahead it looks as if the Labour voter on the ground is staying loyal to the Party but that might yet change .I would be fascinated to know what any Lewes Labour supporters thought I have had my say and god knows the Liberals have had their`s.What do the people who will actually decide across the country think ?
 
 
On 21 Apr 2011 at 8:20pm supporter wrote:
You are too obsessed with posting politics. Give us a rest over Easter and get a life.
 
 
On 21 Apr 2011 at 8:23pm Paul Newman wrote:
Am off to Dorset this very eve with famille supporter , thanks for your kind wishes
 
 
On 21 Apr 2011 at 8:25pm Deelite wrote:
Thank goodness for that then. Hopefully with no internet connection.

When you do post can you try to do it legibly? For instance, WFT does this mean?

...."yet change .I would be fascinated to know what any Lewes Labour supporters thought I have had my say and god knows the Liberals have had their`s.What do"......

Now, as it's Easter lets talk about God.
He's a bit like Father Christmas isn't he?
He doesn't exist.
 
 
On 21 Apr 2011 at 9:49pm Mrs Twine wrote:
I'm not sure you got that right, Deelite dear. You seem to be a bit like that Bishop Berkeley who posited that, for example, a cow only existed because you were looking at it, and the moment you stopped looking, it ceased to exist. I have often wondered about that, because if I was on a bus, and stopped believing in that bus, would I be left skidding along the road on my bottom?
So if, like that bishop, you say that only things that you see and believe in can exist, you can only really speak for yourself, because there are many thousands who think differently and will therefore have a different perception.
Wishing everyone a very happy Easter, whether or not you are Berkeleyites.
 
 
On 21 Apr 2011 at 9:53pm Deelite wrote:
Yes, you are right. How is the yoghurt knitting going?
 
 
On 21 Apr 2011 at 10:12pm Mrs Twine wrote:
Well, Deelite, the sad thing is that lentil craft, per se, seems to be on the decline. Harrods and Fortnums have been giving me only the smallest orders for some time. So I have been extending into forum threads, a very rewarding activity as now the aggression appears to have diminished in these threads, they are crocheting up evenly and prettily, and my first tank cosy has already been dispatched to Libya (Benghazi).
The yogurt knitting has had to be put on hold due to the unexpected hot weather, which makes it difficult to manipulate and store, but I hope to start again soon.
And I wanted to ask you, dear. Have your hubby's raffia pyjamas survived their first wash?
 
 
On 21 Apr 2011 at 10:49pm Deelite wrote:
I hope you are keeping the wolf from your door nontheless.

As for the raffia pajamas.. thank you for asking. They survived the wash much better than my poor hubby, sadly.
 
 
On 21 Apr 2011 at 10:51pm Twinky wrote:
No-one moans about Bill's anymore....
 
 
On 21 Apr 2011 at 10:56pm Deelite wrote:
Probably because no one care's about it now it's a chain
 
 
On 24 Apr 2011 at 9:34am steve watts wrote:
Vote yes !
 
 
On 26 Apr 2011 at 10:22pm Won't get orff my arse wrote:
or no maybee...


25 posts left

Your response


You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms


 

Lewes winged messenger 90:132
Lewes winged messenger

This is a sad and infuriating subject, as so much misinformation is pushed, and the far-right lap it up as their truth. I was... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell