Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Chicken, Turkey and Avian Flu

On 3 Nov 2005 at 12:46am lewes trousers wrote:
so are you buying them still (or were you put off anyway by the recent spate of articles and documentaries about the way many are farmed) will you be having Turkey for Christmas?
I have noticed a slow down in the sale of chicken because no one can be believed about the spread of infection and disease after the mad cow debacle.

On 3 Nov 2005 at 10:41am Smiler wrote:
I hear the thing to do was buy a live turkey now, give him a large Beechams powders and stick him in the freezer (after wringing his neck of course)
Does nayone know where I can get a decent sized turkey that won't put up too much of a fight?

On 3 Nov 2005 at 1:39pm Mystic Mog wrote:
Just an aside I think that the importing of parrots etc should be a permanent ban. It is a terrible trade that means that many inteligent wild birds are plucked (sic) from the wild and exported to a life of incarceration for the whim of a Westerner. The birds can be bred here if we must.

On 3 Nov 2005 at 8:50pm mick wrote:
Perhaps we could dip them in petrol and use them as torches.

On 7 Dec 2005 at 4:38pm pheasant plucker wrote:
why did the chicken cross the road . cos it was stuck on the end of gary gliters k..b

On 9 Dec 2005 at 10:58am pleasant plucker wrote:
never plucked a parrot,do they try and talk you out of it?

31 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Burning Crosses 16:132
Burning Crosses

It's disconcerting to see Priti Patel called an idiot right at the beginning. One might find her offensive and dislike her but... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine