Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Car radio

On 16 Nov 2016 at 11:24am robp wrote:
I know nothing about car radios. I want to replace the radio in my Skoda Citigo with one that does long wave. Tried the Skoda dealer - no reply so far. Any hints and tips?
On 16 Nov 2016 at 11:37am Tree Beard wrote:
Halfords...
On 16 Nov 2016 at 11:59am Feline wrote:
Try Car Audio Repairs in Brighton. They know everything about car audio and radios.
On 16 Nov 2016 at 12:57pm Google wrote:
Ease of doing it comes down to a couple of things:
1. Whether your radio is fitted into the dash (assuming not)
2. Whether it has an ISO harness
Worth Googling (even if no ISO you can usually buy a loom to do the conversion), it's not worth paying Halford 35 to slide the old one out, change 2 plugs (unplug from old, plug into new) and slide a new one in. If it's a fitted stereo Halfords won't be able to do it anyway.
On 16 Nov 2016 at 3:41pm fifi wrote:
I went to Halfords in Lewes Rd , B'ton . You have to make an appointment but their service is good and knowledgeable and probably very reasonably priced .
On 16 Nov 2016 at 4:45pm Kinja wrote:
Ebay
On 16 Nov 2016 at 4:47pm Kinja wrote:
Two on ebay 59.99

On 16 Nov 2016 at 6:06pm Sparky wrote:
I retired from fitting radio's 3 years ago, and units with a LW tuner in them were getting really scarce then, so I don't know if you would get anything now. The main reason is that pretty much anything that is broadcast on LW is also broadcast on dab. It makes it far more viable to add dab to your existing skoda setup, which can be done in many ways. You might also consider that there was also talk of switching off all the analogue (mw, fm, lw) transmitters at some point in the not too distant future..
All that said, if Halfords aren't helpful, try Huets in Shoreham.

29 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Harveys 42:132
Harveys

Any thoughts idm? more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the forum and being able to respond to things I agree and don't agree with.
Clare