Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Car park dent

On 6 Aug 2015 at 10:01pm David John wrote:
Just a quick note to say that on my visit to Lewes today I am not very impressed with the damage that was caused to my car that I had left in the car park. Someone reversed into the rear nearside wing and has now left a lovely dent in it. I do hope that the person who did it also has a large dent.
It maybe a while before I return?
On 7 Aug 2015 at 6:42am Mr. Boot the chemist wrote:
I sympathize, sir and if I were you I'd avoid Eastbourne too -I have collected about 6 different marks on my car in 1 year from new, and the kerbs in the town are real wheel scrapers because of their shape and the road camber
On 7 Aug 2015 at 8:09am Earl of Lewes wrote:
Mr John - I'm afraid that these incidents can occur anywhere. You seem to be making an illogical association with the town it happened in, as if Lewes is somehow vaguely responsible for not teaching its citizens to park correctly. Naughty Lewes! "It maybe (sic) a while before I return?" We'll try to get by without you.
On 7 Aug 2015 at 9:11am Merlin Milner wrote:
Had 2 in two weeks. £250 in excess.
Those that do it either don't notice or are too dishonest to leave a note. Those who do not leave a note; shame on you.
On 7 Aug 2015 at 9:47am Meldrew wrote:
The perils of the shopping trip. Have you asked to see any CCTV?
The other option is to fit a motion sensor that then releases all hell like a battlefield nuclear weapon. Mind you, a dent would be the least of your worries.
I too have suffered, and chased the offender up the Waitrose slip road, who flatly denied it.
On 7 Aug 2015 at 10:10am Merlin Milner wrote:
Actually mine were both street parking. However similar issues. One in South street, large gash in rear wing. The other the High street looked like a tow bar puncturing my rear bumper.
On 7 Aug 2015 at 1:47pm Mr. Boot wrote:
The only answer it seems is to drive a banger
On 7 Aug 2015 at 2:17pm Mr bump wrote:
Probably caused by another visitor as we don't use the car parks we just bump up on the pavement
On 7 Aug 2015 at 2:30pm from lewes wrote:
We had caught woman reversing out of a space in tescos carpark in to our car as we were walking towards she had no idea what she had done until we stopped her from pulling away to leave ! She must have been given a driving licence without doing the test !!!

On 9 Aug 2015 at 11:21am bingbongbang wrote:
Cars are made of stupid stuff that damages easily. They should be made of a sort of strong rubber where you just bounce off a bit. The stuff that cars are made of is so impractical it's one of the failures of the technologically advanced world.

On 9 Aug 2015 at 12:50pm Sussex Jim wrote:
Cars are made of thin sheet steel so that they can be mass-produced economically, and relatively light in weight to keep fuel costs down. They are also a fashion statement for many owners; and quickly lose their value as they date, due to frequent model changes and age-related registration numbers.
It makes sense, if your family needs two cars, to have one a few years old as a basic runabout for shopping, leaving in station car parks, etc.
On 9 Aug 2015 at 8:58pm bingbangbong wrote:
Yes Sussex Jim, they may be mass produced economically, but fixing them is far from economical. I think with many aspects of car design they should cross it out and start again.
On 10 Aug 2015 at 7:31am Sussex Jim wrote:
They should bring back cars like the Citroen 2CV; where you could simply bolt on a new body panel (you could even order one ready painted in your car's colour).

On 13 Aug 2015 at 11:42am pedantic micro manager wrote:
Well said Sussex Jim - in fact the Citroen DS should be revived for the atrocious Sussex Roads. I'd love to cruise round Lewes with one wheel removed as one can do in a DS due to it's hydraulic suspension.

23 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Assad farewell 6:132
Assad farewell

I've been sat here sh*tting myself, but so far nothing untoward has happened on my various bits of hardware. I don't have a fixed... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
The great thing about the Lewes Forum is it's up to date and lively, you don't have to wait a month to get out of date news
Clarissa