Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Can't get Harveys anywhere.....

On 14 May 2008 at 9:48pm King Vic wrote:
You'd think that the town that is home to Harveys would have more places selling it....
I have a young daughter and am unable to get out much - maybe to the pub once or twice a month. I do like a pint of Harvey's and often toddle down to the Harvey's shop to get a couple of bottles of Blue Label or Tom Paine. But I often don't get home until 6, and the shop is shut. Is it really only the mini mart opposite the railway station that sells bottled Harveys for me to enjoy at home? It's such a trek from my house.
Sad that Waitrose and Tesco and the offie on the high street don't sell it. Any reason? Surely they would shift crates of it....
Thirstily yours,
Vic.

On 14 May 2008 at 10:32pm Dunk wrote:
Dunno why its not vastly stocked in Lewes but they shift a hell of a lot out of sussex. This may or may not be useful to you but here is a harveys website where you can order their ale from In various bulk ranges from around 24quid and upwards:
harveysonline.co.uk

On 15 May 2008 at 8:15am Mystic Mog wrote:
They use returnable bottles. So this probably incompatible with supermarkets and othere shops becasue there would have to be a collection service. Suggest that you milkman should deliver or get some bottles from your local pub.

On 15 May 2008 at 8:21am Nevill Newby wrote:
Nevill newsagents stock it and are open til about 9pm
if thats any help. its a few pence more expensive than harveys shop but who cares on a hot summer night.

On 15 May 2008 at 8:59am Lewey from Lewes wrote:
Harveys dont sell to black people, by that I mean covered in Guiness.

32 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Baxters Print Works Lewes 8:143
Baxters Print Works Lewes

Google Lewes Resignalling then select Network Rail item. Shows dates more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine