Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think


Lewes Forum New message

Cameron's Latest Gaffe

10
6
On 11 May 2016 at 8:56pm King of Sussex wrote:
"We've got some leaders of some fantastically corrupt countries coming to Britain... Nigeria and Afghanistan, possibly the two most corrupt countries in the world,"
The overlooked fact about this tawdry episode is the line came in response to the question “Who were your father’s preferred business partners?”
3
9
On 11 May 2016 at 11:14pm IMEYOU wrote:
And your point is?
2
 
On 12 May 2016 at 12:16am SLIMEYOU wrote:
Whhaa?,Hhhhuh? Duuuh?
8
3
On 12 May 2016 at 7:20am Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
I loved the Nigerian PM's response, which pretty much amounted to "I don't want an apology, I just want back the laundered money that was invested in Britain".
A valid point, I thought.
3
4
On 12 May 2016 at 7:42am mark2 wrote:
Oh the irony. Talk about an own goal! UK and its dependencies is at the top of the most corrupt countries in the world alongside Russia. The Nigerian prime minister has acted with dignity. Cameron's off the cuff comments show in my view a prurient patronising sniggering rascism. Interesting that he assumed his 'audience' would agree with him. At least Welby attempted some defence of the Nigerian prime minister. Interesting too that there was no mention of the fact that Afganistan's level of corruption certainly didnot decrease under the long British occupation
3
1
On 12 May 2016 at 8:24am Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
Maybe Cambo was trying to deflect attention away from Britain's failure to address its own poor regulation and love of a tax haven or 3.
2
1
On 12 May 2016 at 9:04am mark2 wrote:
Yes - I was wondering. I read somewhere yesterday that Downing Street appeared to say that they knew it was being filmed...if it was a gambit I think it probably failed. So much spin frankly leaves me spinning in a whirl of distaste.
4
3
On 12 May 2016 at 10:12am LegofLamb wrote:
The tory party are a corrupt dictatorship at the heart of British government. Dictatorship because they are doing everything in their power to be in power for good. Making it harder for trade unions to fund the Labour party, changing boundaries so creating about 26 more safe seats for Labour, stopping funding to opposition parties in Westminster & Corrupt because they accept funding from wealthy donors who don't pay any taxes in the UK.
2
1
On 12 May 2016 at 10:22am Leg of Lamb wrote:
Meant to say creating more safe seats for themselves not Labour!
 
 
On 12 May 2016 at 10:47am Mark wrote:
Creating a government-appointed BBC boardroom might be helpful
4
1
On 12 May 2016 at 1:23pm Nardwuar wrote:
The most unsavoury thing about the footage was seeing 'raw' Cameron, in all his arrogant and entitled glory. Can't help thinking that this was a planned gaffe by Number 10...seems too convenient.
2
 
On 12 May 2016 at 5:38pm Jonny wrote:
Us Brits taught the colonials all we know about corruption. Well done us.
4
1
On 12 May 2016 at 7:06pm Anglo-Saxon wrote:
Can we all stop using that peculiar American vulgarity 'Brit'... rather depressing seeing it used more and more now.
 
1
On 13 May 2016 at 8:38pm Reality wrote:
Leg of Lamb i think you'll find it is voters who maintain safe seats. Fool
1
1
On 13 May 2016 at 9:31pm wrote:
No it isn't, it's politicians. You've heard of gerrymandering?
 
 
On 16 May 2016 at 11:23pm Johnny Morris wrote:
What happened to Cameron's old giraffe?


21 posts left

Your response


You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms


 

Dripping Pan View 34:132
Dripping Pan View

There is tree work being undertaken all this week on the A275 through Offham. The road is advertised as being closed 9.30-15.30.... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the forum and being able to respond to things I agree and don't agree with.
Clare