Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think


Lewes Forum New message

CO2

 
 
On 14 Dec 2009 at 10:24am Scare Monger wrote:
Are you concerned about the size of your carbon footprint?
Are you trying to reduce your CO2 emissions? And if so, how?
Do you think it will make any difference to the future of the planet?
Your thoughts please...
 
 
On 14 Dec 2009 at 10:55am Rookie wrote:
I am concerned. I do my bit to help. But realistically it's a waste of time. One could turn off the whole of the UK and it would be a drop in the ocean when considerably larger populated and developing countries who don't give a monkeys keep on polluting.
 
 
On 14 Dec 2009 at 12:11pm John wrote:
I for one am not making any changes to my current lifestyle until the big cats who incidentally are telling us to make changes are chauffeured around london in their bentleys or what have you with a police patrol of about 5 bikes and 4 cars. As well as them having having helicopters and private jets to whisk them off at any time.
This also goes for the royal family (unless using horse and carriage)
They cannot contradict the British person living how they want to live even if it is ruining the planet when the ones passing the "rule" are just as bad if not worse!
 
 
On 14 Dec 2009 at 12:15pm Prick Stein wrote:
No such thing as man-made climate change! It's a naturalling occuring event
 
 
On 14 Dec 2009 at 1:25pm ere be monsters wrote:
Lamby, China is only so "terrible" because they are churning out all our CO2 by manufacturing huge amounts for the rest of the world. We are the ones that should be investing in technology to help lower their emissions that they are making on our behalf. It's either that or we pay twice as much for our goods to be made over here.
 
 
On 14 Dec 2009 at 1:44pm Prick Stein wrote:
Why don't we just make the goods ourselves, thereby avoiding all the shipping which no doubt adds CO2. In fact why don't we just go back and live in caves and eat grass! Climate change as a man made concept is unproven and yet all the namby pamby PC politicians are jumping on the bandwagon to sign up to something i don't agree with. Now call me irresponsible (i know you will), but i'm more concerned about the state of this countries debt then whether it gets a bit warmer, so lets stop giving our money away to other countries and solve our own immediate prolems first!
 
 
On 14 Dec 2009 at 2:08pm popeye wrote:
Hi Prick Stein, I agree with most of what you say but I am not sure what an immediate prolem is. If you can enlighten me perhaps we can solve it together. And as for lambretta saying, you only have to look at china, Well most of the bits I have got look really nice, especially the crown derby.
 
 
On 14 Dec 2009 at 2:40pm Bunter wrote:
You remember the kids who used to sit at the back of the class talking crap and saying they didn't need to learn anything because they were going to get a job as soon as they could and they were going to do their best to make sure no-one else learnt anything too? Well, they're posting on here now.
 
 
On 14 Dec 2009 at 4:18pm popeye wrote:
Hi Bunter, are you sure you never had a microwave because it sounds like you have got the lurgy.
 
 
On 14 Dec 2009 at 4:28pm Prick Stein wrote:
Nice of you to give us a short synopsis of your life so far Bunter, how kind!
 
 
On 14 Dec 2009 at 4:58pm Bunter wrote:
Popeye - you can't spot a joke eh? Prick Stein - touchy?
 
 
On 14 Dec 2009 at 6:10pm popeye wrote:
Hi Bunter, I have read your posting again and I still cant find the joke. Still, not all comedians are funny. And as for you Prick Stein we must have been at the front of the class. Have a great christmas.


25 posts left

Your response


You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms


 

Bottleneck House 13:132
Bottleneck House

I'll leave that to you pancetta,you do such a lovely job.
Most of the government grants are going to the big players as the... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
The Lewes Forum is one of the many great things about Lewes
Nina