Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Brexit - no surrprises

On 3 Jul 2017 at 10:54pm Impartial pragmatist wrote:
Just wondered if anyone else is worried by the Government's repeated battering in the Brexit negotiations? I suspect anyone who voted to leave will only be reading the press that tells them it's going great, but for the patriots who love this country enough to think for themselves and not trust politicians there's a great deal to be concerned about from seeing all those who said Brexit was a catastrophically stupid decision being proved right. And it's got nothing to do with the EU being obstructionist and everything to do with this country and the entirely inept Government and pro-Brexit campaigners: the navy say they can't enforce any unilateral fishing quotas, and those fishing quotas pre-date the EU and have little to do with them anyway...and there's been a 96% drop in applicants to be nurses in the NHS in just 12 months because people from the EU are no longer applying...and that's just the start, 3 weeks into negotiations that have seen at least 3 major changes from the Government's stance already...
On 3 Jul 2017 at 10:58pm Coming up a real beauty wrote:
Really good spuds from the garden this weekend. Lovely
On 3 Jul 2017 at 11:31pm Clifford wrote:
How funny, Impartial pragmatist, that you should count yourself among those who 'think for themselves and do not trust politicians' and yet you've fallne hook, line and sinker for the EU project, which is a political project lef by 'politicians', albeit one underpinned by Goldman Sachs. Do you really believe you've an 'Impartial pragmatist'?
On 3 Jul 2017 at 11:46pm Splifford wrote:
Goldman Sachs,Goldman Sachs I'm obsessed with Goldman Sachs.
On 4 Jul 2017 at 12:13am King of Sussex wrote:
Because of course, post Brexit Westminster will never be under any influence of the untaxed predatory banking community.
The whole sorry Brexit saga is a consequence of the GFC which destroyed our economy - itself a direct result of fraudulent and incompetent banking, yet tax payers bailed out the untaxed shareholders, indemnified them for their losses, paid lottery jackpot sized bonuses to the untaxed leading actors, and pretty much gave them a full and grovelling pardon.
That wasn't EU, that was British parliament. The liars and spivs that have now got it all to themselves.

On 4 Jul 2017 at 6:16am Newms wrote:

King of Sussex - Plenty of people in the City lost their jobs and the cost to the pubic of the Banking crash was small. The risk we all took from them in the form of guarantees , you might argue was large but we got away with it. About 45bn of cash purchases were made of shares which is on the Public debt , currently about 1.5 trillion( vv roughly )
Still , you are right that the abrupt halt to the growth of public spending and stagnant wages is probably a large Brexit factor
In fact it was a very good reason not to do this appallingly stupid thing which has already cost us all a great deal and will go on breaking services and much more into the future
There are lots of people who are to blame , Boris liar Johnson , Racist Farrage , Truth does not work Banks but I onmly hjave one |MP and she was a hard Brexit tub thumping cretin of the worst sort who was despatched to the TV studios to defend May`s decision to prioritise closing the border over jobs and services
SZhe has sinbce lied about that as she lies about everything else
I think her tall tales and shoddy obfuscation on Nurses pay may be the point at which people start to see through her . Its about time

On 4 Jul 2017 at 11:10am Clifford wrote:
Splifford wrote: 'Goldman Sachs,Goldman Sachs I'm obsessed with Goldman Sachs.'

I'm sure you know about the attached then:

Check it out here »
On 4 Jul 2017 at 11:19am Chesty wrote:
I have absolutely no interest in your dull opinions.

29 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Chapel Hill Lewes 20:132
Chapel Hill Lewes

Lewes Priory Cricket Club (LPCC) is based at the Stanley Turner Ground, Kingston Road, Lewes (i.e. next to the rugby club). ... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the Walking to Mount Caburn at the weekend, Lounging about in Southover Grange Gardens eating strawberry ice cream in summertime, Proms in the Paddock, wicked night
A Kane