Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Book set in Lewes

On 20 Oct 2016 at 12:30pm Tom Richardson wrote:
An interesting and profound book with an important message for humanity is set in Lewes. The Blue Lotus Flower.
In 1975 an unusual young boy appears on a Malling Estate. He claims to be suffering from amnesia and is placed with foster parents by the authorities. It's soon apparent that he is no ordinary boy and the family name him Gabriel. The story plots his life for the next thirty-five years. Gabriel is a Soul Catcher who has been sent to return the souls of some wicked and depraved people who have been granted another incarnation by his nemesis and antithesis, his twin brother.

Gabriel and his brother have been fighting for millennia. He binds his friends and family with a secret quest to save humanity from their constant warmongering. In doing so he draws them into a dark and dangerous world of hidden meanings, death and ancient esoteric knowledge.

The novel is claimed to be a work of fiction. However, it is set in a real place, the serial killers are real people, and Gabriel and his brother can be linked to many historical problems that face humanity today. The characters are ordinary people thrown into an extraordinary adventure. There's no obvious Hollywood structure to the story and for some there will be too many coincidences. There is more written between the lines and maybe, just maybe, this actually happened?

Check it out here »
On 20 Oct 2016 at 12:59pm Janet Street Preacher wrote:
I'll get the Kindle version but...
Is Glyndebourne a village?
Lewes has 3 High Streets

Just sayin'

On 20 Oct 2016 at 3:30pm Tom wrote:
Southover! Thanks for that I forgot about Southover. I'll make the amendments. Thanks again.

On 20 Oct 2016 at 6:03pm DM Stone wrote:
Good luck!
On 20 Oct 2016 at 7:51pm Ex-bookseller wrote:
Whenever I see a self-published novel (or, even worse, poetry) I run for the hills. As a young bookseller, I used to do my bit to support local authors and would take these books, only to find that few of them sold and that I was lumbered with dead stock. At least now that they're mostly ebooks, no trees have been wasted.
On 20 Oct 2016 at 8:02pm Ex-bookseller wrote:
Sorry, I've just read my post and it sounds quite rude. I don't mean to be, but have been tainted by years of dealing with self-published books. I realise that the author has put a lot of time and work into it, but would always urge them to get the manuscript looked at and edited before publishing.
On 20 Oct 2016 at 8:59pm The Old Mayor wrote:
I doubt they will be available in Waterstones, local books don't seem to be stocked. Is yours available locally DM Stone ?
On 20 Oct 2016 at 9:17pm Booklover wrote:
I always make a point of never reading anything where the writer uses the expression 'and maybe, just maybe'.

On 20 Oct 2016 at 10:22pm Xplorer2 wrote:
Old Mayor,Waterstones does sell local books. There's a small section that was near the greetings cards last time I was in there.

On 21 Oct 2016 at 8:00am Sergeant Major wrote:
It's a bit cheeky of the author to describe his own book as "interesting and profound". I followed the link and read the first few pages and what struck me was the fact that it clearly hadn't been proof read (e.g. writing public school as 'Public School').

On 21 Oct 2016 at 1:03pm webbo wrote:
@The Old Mayor
I saw D M Stones Loss of Light book in the window of the bookshop on School Hill a couple of weeks ago
On 21 Oct 2016 at 1:13pm webbo wrote:
Or you can get it from here

Check it out here »

On 21 Oct 2016 at 9:49pm The Old Mayor wrote:
I had a good look round in Waterstones and could find this book. The staff were much too busy selling coffees to ask.
And isn't 50.36 for the hardback a little steep from Amazon?

24 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Impending Sheep 45:143
Impending Sheep

Examining the activity of the sun and assessing its influence on the earth's climate may well provide entertainment to some Tom... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like it when people find lost stuff on the forum
Jim