Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Bonfire travel

On 2 Nov 2014 at 10:03pm Confused wrote:
We used to travel from cooksbridge to Lewes by train every year for bonfire no problem! We now live in Ringmer and have had a break from bonfire for 5 years due To children commitments, so my dilemma this time..... Drive in (will be about 6) and chance it to park in malling somewhere, get a bus. (Are there any?) Or Drive to cooksbridge and get the train, any advice great fully received!
On 2 Nov 2014 at 10:21pm Rosiecheeks wrote:
When my parents lived in ringmer they used to drive to glynde, park the car there and catch train to lewes.

On 2 Nov 2014 at 10:27pm Confused wrote:
That's not a bad idea, thank you, I've never gone in from this side of town!

On 3 Nov 2014 at 3:50am Horseman7 wrote:
As a Malling resident I'm relieved, for the sake of the poor verge opposite my house, to report that Church Lane, Mayhew Way and Orchard Road will be closed from 17:00. So no parking in Malling after then.
RC's train plan sounds good. You could also get in on the #28 bus, departing Ringmer, Olde Post Office Mews, at 17.45, 18.15 or 18.34. Instead of taking you to Tesco followed by the bus station, the bus will come down Malling Street and deposit you opposite Caffyns before doubling back round the roundabout and disappearing through the Cuilfail Tunnel and on to Brighton.
Usually the last bus back to Ringmer leaves Lewes at 23.28. However, B&H Buses should be laying on some extra services. When you arrive at Caffyns, ask the nice supervisor about this.
Failing all else, get a taxi home. Taxis will also be using the Caffyns bus stop as a temporary rank. But I suspect you will need to book.
Have a good evening - without your car.

On 3 Nov 2014 at 6:53pm Confused wrote:
To be honest I hadn't even thought of Glynde station, that is by far the better idea, hopefully the Brighton masses won't be as bad this year....(yeah right)!

On 4 Nov 2014 at 2:04pm Horseman7 wrote:
Well, I tried to be helpful.

On 4 Nov 2014 at 6:56pm Confused wrote:
Thanks Horseman, was appreciated.

On 4 Nov 2014 at 6:56pm Confused wrote:
Thanks Horseman, was appreciated.

29 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Cameron and Porky 18:132
Cameron and Porky

Greenie, this started as serious thread about cutting down trees, why are you trolling it? more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the Walking to Mount Caburn at the weekend, Lounging about in Southover Grange Gardens eating strawberry ice cream in summertime, Proms in the Paddock, wicked night
A Kane