Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Best area?

On 31 Mar 2016 at 2:31pm Best area for kids? wrote:
Have met a couple if estate agents who says; ah you probably don't want to live on the Landport estate. Why is that? Seems fine, a bit cheaper than the rest. Is it because of the school closing?
On 31 Mar 2016 at 4:30pm Ben wrote:
I would liken it to asking an estate agent in central London.....Belgravia and Mayfair are the best areas, but if your budget is tight then you could slum it in Chelsea or God forbid Clapham.
Nothing wrong with Landport, I've got loads of friends with kids there and they really love it. No it's not the prettiest, but that is reflected in the prices.
On 31 Mar 2016 at 6:02pm Ernie wrote:
Even the muggers don't go out at night in Landport.
On 31 Mar 2016 at 6:05pm Trooper wrote:
@ Ben. With you all the way, really nice and friendly good people, so there are some rubbish people on the estate, that is a pity but that is life.
Estate agents in my experience are driven by their need to get as much profit from each sale as they can, so bigger the price bigger the profit, cheap is not an option.
On 31 Mar 2016 at 6:17pm Love Landport . wrote:
The Landport is a great place to live.We moved here five years ago and have found the people who live here to be very friendly and community minded.A lot of the people here are skilled artisans, the salt of the earth so you are never very far away from a helpful and practical advice.We also have a good sprinkling of the middle classes,teachers etc and professionals, so we enjoy a the benefits of a mixed bunch of residents both homeowners and tenants,both young and old. we do have one or two winos and druggies but tell me who has n`t these days !We love it,I am sure you will too.We are also very close to the water meadows and the Ouse.Go on what are you waiting for!
On 31 Mar 2016 at 6:31pm local suggestion wrote:
Have a stroll around and see if it's for you, it wasn't for us following a visit. We found a good spot in Landport on-line, visited it but it wasnt for us, maybe we were unlucky on that day. Just a suggestion, but maybe visit it and if not look for different areas (near town centre, Baxters Field, southdown school) and see what suits you. It wouldn't be due to the local school, from talking with people it's actually a decent school. p.s. ignore some troll-like peop's on this, some get a little bored and write all sorts of rubbish as a day-time job. Good luck.
On 31 Mar 2016 at 9:49pm Lewes Fella wrote:
Worst driving in Lewes, not helped by the appalling road markings / layout.
On 1 Apr 2016 at 9:08am Molly wrote:
Only because it's an old council estate although today most of the homes are privately owned. Lots of terraced houses without driveways and cars parked on every street. And not the prettiest housing. Typical council.

On 1 Apr 2016 at 12:09pm LoveLandport wrote:
Yeah, not really sure what most people issue with Landport is.
I have owned/lived there for a few years, ex council houses for the most part, enough front garden to comfortably have 2 cars out the front, large back gardens, solid well built houses, potential for a third floor in the loft.
Yes there are a few crap neighbours (alcohols, beggars, dope heads, dealers etc), but they are not intrusive (ignore them and they'll ignore you). Those living in "posher parts" are kidding themselves if they don't think their roads have the same mix of people.
Are you planning on hanging out with your neighbours anyway?
Don't be hung up on the location, Landport is a decent enough place - buy now while you can still afford it.
On 1 Apr 2016 at 1:19pm dairyman wrote:
We lived on Landport a few years ago. Yes there are a few bad families (we happened to live next door to one!), but many of the residents are a lot friendlier than normal. If you are viewing the property just look at the neighbouring gardens - burnt out sofas are not a good sign!
On 1 Apr 2016 at 1:23pm GoM wrote:
Just rejoice and be thankful that the Property Owning Democracy has worked so well on Landport.

26 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Bill Lewes 10:143
Bill Lewes

I'm very happy for you then. How are you going to use it? more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Liberty cannot be preserved without general knowledge among the people.
John Adams