Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Barking dog still barking

On 3 Nov 2016 at 9:25am Wits end wrote:
I've posted on here before about a dog around Queens road/Prince Charles Road that barks consistently all day every day and has for as long as I can remember. I am at my wits end and totally exhausted through lack of sleep and rest. I have tried reporting as a noise complaint but as I don't know which house it's coming from there is nothing they can do. So please if you know which house it is please let me know, or if it's your dog please consider your neighbours. I'm at breaking point. Thank you
On 3 Nov 2016 at 10:01am Tim wrote:
How difficult is it to get up, go outside and find out where its coming from?
On 3 Nov 2016 at 10:06am Wits end wrote:
Quite difficult when it's coming from someone's back garden. I'm not into trespassing
On 3 Nov 2016 at 11:03am CtrlAltDel wrote:
I feel for you, barking yappy dogs are annoying as hell
On 3 Nov 2016 at 11:29am Earl of Lewes wrote:
You must have a rough idea where the house is. Why not print out some polite letters and drop them through letterboxes in the most likely area. You could put an email address on to see if anyone knows which house it is - you don't have your give any other details if you don't want to.
On 3 Nov 2016 at 12:04pm Horace wrote:
I once lived in a flat with terrible neighbours who would play loud music all night - after ignoring requests to turn it down I bought silicon earplugs from boots which completely blocked out the sound and at least allowed me to sleep and rest until I moved out - perhaps try these until you can figure out the culprit and good luck.
On 3 Nov 2016 at 12:06pm CtrlAltDel wrote:
Or try Xtreme Hearos from Amazon, been using them for a while, they're great.

On 3 Nov 2016 at 12:32pm Wits end wrote:
Thanks all. I'll try the polite letters and ear plugs in the mean time
On 3 Nov 2016 at 12:34pm Info wrote:
Many people do know which house it is but are scared to report.
On 3 Nov 2016 at 1:10pm chicken yellow belly wrote:
Its not the dog barking its the owners letting it bark. that's what pisses us off in the uk. we hate people being inconsiderate but we are tooooo nice to say a thing .we just boil inside,Do the right thing ....wait till dark put a nice note in the letter box AND RUN OFF before they see you !
On 3 Nov 2016 at 4:22pm Amy wrote:
Have the same prob in South Street - barking dog all night down the road + inconsiderate noisy neighbours next door! Latter got so bad I found myself actually avoiding being at home weekends when noise worst or moving to parts of my home where I could hear it less + using ear-plugs. Hell is - sometimes - other people ...

On 3 Nov 2016 at 7:31pm Feline wrote:
Have you spoken to environmental health at LDC?

25 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Bottleneck House 13:132
Bottleneck House

That's going to blight a lot of people's view across the Ouse. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Liberty cannot be preserved without general knowledge among the people.
John Adams