Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Ashcombe Roundabout

On 22 Feb 2017 at 8:14am inthegutter wrote:
Does anyone know why the traffic lights are no longer in operation at the Ashcombe roundabout?
On 22 Feb 2017 at 8:19am Wwndy wrote:
No idea. There doesn't seem to be anyone working on them! Hope they fix the potholes there while they're at it. I do think there should be signs on the approach to the roundabout telling you the lights are out. You don't know till you actually get to the lights at the moment.
On 22 Feb 2017 at 9:22am Dixie Normus wrote:
It makes it so much better, it is such a buzz, the real life risk when driving from the prison and pulling out in front of the traffic from the west is such good fun. I think we should abolish all lights. The fun I can have at the bottleneck, steaming through there in the range hoping not to have a head on
On 22 Feb 2017 at 10:19am Horseman7 wrote:
Not the common attitude from someone who's 'just had a child'.
On 22 Feb 2017 at 10:35am Ed Can Do wrote:
Yeah, traffic lights make driving far too easy, if we did away with them completely chances are all the nervous drivers would give up and use public transport more, reducing congestion and making the road network a much nicer place for everyone else. Same argument applies to speed limits really, I think as a society we need to stop mollycoddling people so much and get a bit more Darwinian.
On 22 Feb 2017 at 11:12am Dixie Normus wrote:
@Horseman7 - You are a scream, I hope not to bump in to you at a party. The problem with forums and not actual conversation is you lose the effect of sarcasm
On 22 Feb 2017 at 11:19am Marco wrote:
Looks like someone has destroyed the control cabinet.
On 22 Feb 2017 at 1:12pm Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
I wonder if they're really necessary at a lot of junctions.
When I lived in Croydon, my drive to work involved getting embroiled in a really bad bottleneck at a big junction, where there was usually a 10 minute crawl for the last mile. One morning, there was hardly any traffic and it turned out that the traffic lights were out and all the drivers were just taking turns at crossing.
This bliss continued for 4 days and on the 5th day the traffic was worse than ever. They'd got 2 police officers controlling the traffic.
On 22 Feb 2017 at 1:18pm inthegutter wrote:
I initially wondered if it were part of some test to see if traffic progressed more smoothly, but then I realised that would be at the expense of greatly increasing the threat to any pedestrian wanting to cross (e.g. from the bus stop).
On 22 Feb 2017 at 5:09pm wanderer wrote:
the lights have been out since saturday and the potholes are highways england and the lights are siemens so a wo in one job no chance ,
then once they have replaced the cabinet they will have to phase them so we could end up with better phasing or worse
On 22 Feb 2017 at 9:42pm Dexter wrote:
A Big Blue BMW X5 was sat on top of the demolished control box at the weekend. The driver looked & dressed like an older Paul Nuttall.
On 23 Feb 2017 at 10:41pm The Old Mayor wrote:
Folk can't cross the roads without pressing the button these days. All the
At look right, look left, look right again, then cross means nothing anymore. It's just look down at your phone constantly.

On 26 Feb 2017 at 2:04pm wanderer wrote:
@mayor , its a dual carriageway numpty !
Would you want your children to cross a dual carriageway without assistance

On 2 Mar 2017 at 7:25pm Katie wrote:
I suppose they'll do something about it when either cars or people are involved in an accident. Mind you they only like to cone the lanes off (on numerous occasions) when absolutely nothing's being done.

23 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Cliffe Tableau Sepp Blatter 25:143
Cliffe Tableau Sepp Blatter

Haven't they got to put two more floors on top yet, so I suppose that's about right. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine