Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Announcement

On 5 Oct 2010 at 8:37pm Rookie Ron wrote:
Over the years Cliffe Bonfire Society has been at the forefront of Lewes bonfire and has introduced many innovative ideas into the celebrations. Ideas such as the viking float, and recently our own marching 'Adam & the Ants tribute, band. Thus, as a break with tradition, bonfire prayers will get a much needed revamp this year. In line with the direction the Society has taken in recent years, it has been decided that Bonfire Prayers will this year be replaced with a rendition of the Seekers 'The Carnival Is Over'. Will members attending at the end of the evening please make an effort to learn the words for the comming Fifth. Lyrics will be reproduced in the next Clarion.

On 5 Oct 2010 at 8:40pm Peter Byron wrote:
By the end of the night my friend I hope not to remember my own name, however will attempt to learn the words. Best, Peter

On 6 Oct 2010 at 6:08am Leveller wrote:
Rumour has it that you're also going to break with tradition and reduce the number of black and white striped jumpers from 8,500 to 2,000.
Can you confirm ?

On 6 Oct 2010 at 8:10am 'ere be monsters wrote:
RR you'll be chased up the road by a dragon if you're not careful.

On 6 Oct 2010 at 9:27am Sleuth wrote:
So are we to take it Ron that you were one of the idiots throwing rookies at the drummers at Rotherfield? Three of them were quite badly injured and by all accounts it was older members of their own society who were throwing the bangers.

Nice bunch of people whoever it was. I hope the culprits are identified, named and shamed and banned from the society before the 5th.

On 6 Oct 2010 at 9:53am Hang On A Minute wrote:
Correct me if I am wrong, but as far as I understood it, the whole reason behind the formation of a Cliffe band was that no other band was prepared to march in with the smugglers ranks because of the rookies going off around them. The idea being that a band drawn from the Cliffe's own membership would not mind this. It seems now the 'band' has been formed it's a different story.

On 6 Oct 2010 at 10:07am burning bits wrote:
and I don't think a public forum is the right place to discuss cliffe business

On 6 Oct 2010 at 10:28am Dicky Dee wrote:
Was somebody injured? No? Shame.

On 6 Oct 2010 at 11:17am 'ere be monsters wrote:
No need for that Dicky Dee.
And Sleuth, you ought to call yourself Rumour Monger.

On 6 Oct 2010 at 5:07pm Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
I heard that Cliffe are going all out for safety this year. They'll be carrying glowsticks instead of torches and nothing bigger than a sparkler will be set off in the processions.

On 6 Oct 2010 at 6:09pm MonkeySeeMonkeyDo wrote:
Misinformed as usual, get your facts right you miserable lot.

On 6 Oct 2010 at 9:25pm Cerebus wrote:
Perhaps you could help everyone to get their facts right MonkeySeeMonkeyDo by telling them what the true facts are (assuming of course that you are actually in possession of them).

On 6 Oct 2010 at 9:38pm Slim Jim wrote:
That won't happen. That lot have more secrets than the bl00dy masons. They really think we all want to know which fat drunk threw a firework at another fat drunk. Riveting stuff.

On 6 Oct 2010 at 11:08pm Lord Monteagle wrote:
I missed last Saturday, thanks to a text message received a few days earlier from Rookie Ron:-
"Therefore, I would advise you as you value your life, to find some excuse not to attend this Rotherfield. For though there is no sign of any trouble, yet I say, they shall receive a terrible blow at this Rotherfield, yet they shall not see who hurt them."

On 7 Oct 2010 at 10:16am Goody Two Shoes wrote:
And again "Yea,uncouth hands will smite, and all shall be smitten." I wonder why they don't take up crochet with twine - a much safer option.

On 7 Oct 2010 at 11:30am realworld wrote:
fantasists!.

On 7 Oct 2010 at 6:29pm Peter Byron wrote:
Ignote health and safety brigade, they want us to live forever (impossible) and stop all fun. Do what we have always done and enjoy. Peter

20 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Closet and Botts window 27:143
Closet and Botts window

Looks like an anpr camera more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
There are no ordinary moments