Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think


Lewes Forum New message

Animals are not sentient?

14
14
On 19 Nov 2017 at 9:35pm Buzzard wrote:
Your local MP, Maria Caulfield, along with all the Tories, has voted not to recognise animals as sentient in the legislation to replace EU rules. 'Sentient' means able to perceive or feel things. So she's voted that animals can't feel pain, can't suffer, have no conscious experiences. This is, presumably, to pave the way for inhumane treatment of animals in post-Brexit Britain. If you aren't disgusted, then you probably aren't sentient. Here's a link to a petition.

Check it out here »
9
15
On 19 Nov 2017 at 9:49pm Chameleon wrote:
So she's not your local Mp then? Think we have had enough of petitions in Lewes for one year.
23
9
On 19 Nov 2017 at 10:49pm Pedro wrote:
Whoever believes that are profoundly ignorant, and if that is our local MPs position on animals, then I'm pleased I didn't vote for her.
15
11
On 20 Nov 2017 at 7:19am Buzzard wrote:
Actually Chameleon, Ms Caulfield is my MP, but that's not the point. The point is whether you support cruelty, by action or inaction.
30
9
On 20 Nov 2017 at 7:19am Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
The woman is so dim, she's barely sentient herself.
6
17
On 20 Nov 2017 at 8:03am Chameleon wrote:
I don't support cruelty in anyway and don't appreciate you implying that I do by not engaging in your petition. Get of your keyboard and do something about it instead of this pathetic Web based protest. You have no idea what I do to support or defend animals and you never will. There is a whole and very dangerous world out there under this banner. Do you really think a petition will influence the meat industry or make a fox hunter think again? Grow up.
9
17
On 20 Nov 2017 at 8:12am Citizen Smith wrote:
@ACT- your posts are normally quite good, so why let yourself down with such a stupid comment? I may not vote for Maria, but I have met her and she seems perfectly normal and intelligent.
12
17
On 20 Nov 2017 at 9:03am Hot Lips wrote:
Because she is a conservative and a female, some people will always choose to hurl childish abuse despite knowing nothing about her. Pathetic.
14
9
On 20 Nov 2017 at 9:39am Feline wrote:
People on the right don't tend to score very highly on empathy to other humans, let alone non human animals. After all it is a look after number one view of the world.
9
7
On 20 Nov 2017 at 10:01am Buzzard wrote:
Let's get back to the point of this thread. The government (including our MP) has voted to remove an important protection for animals as part of Brexit. (They say this protection exists in other law; the RSPCA says not, but if it did, there'd be no reason to vote it out of the EU repeal bill.) The implication is that they want to open the way to crual and inhuman farming practices post-Brexit, no doubt as part of a race to the bottom in standards to try to compete on price outside the single market. Are you going to take any action? You can sign the petition (by Compassion in World Farming), write to Ms Caulfield, or do something else. Or you can just display your inanity by pointless trolling and sneering. Up to you.
6
4
On 20 Nov 2017 at 10:47am Chameleon wrote:
I disagree with you so I am a troll? I will sign your petition then watch as the politicians do what they want. You will then move on to your next petition.
11
5
On 20 Nov 2017 at 2:04pm Mike Hunt wrote:
Incredible. If animals aren't sentient, then humans aren't sentient, because humans are animals. Tories now trying to take us back to before the Enlightenment. Where's Maria Caulfield from, the backwoods of Alabama?
8
7
On 20 Nov 2017 at 2:10pm Buzzard wrote:
Thansk for signing, Chameleon and anyone else who does so.
3
3
On 20 Nov 2017 at 5:31pm Al Jolson wrote:
I'm Alabamy bound
11
2
On 20 Nov 2017 at 6:18pm Pedro wrote:
@ hot lips. Its quite plausible (and probably commonplace) for "conservative women" to still respect animals, hold compassion and acknowledge (and often yield to) scientific understanding and reason. Our local MP doesn't appear to check many of these boxes going by her voting actions, so I think she should face scrutiny (especially as an influential public figure), as should anyone who holds those views (liberals, transgenders, muslims, conservatives...whoever).
3
8
On 20 Nov 2017 at 7:15pm York Hunt wrote:
Labour are trying to take us back to the times when the peasants really were downtrodden.
3
3
On 20 Nov 2017 at 7:40pm Mike Hunt wrote:
@York Hunt - I'm no fan of Labour either. You don't have to be for one or the other
1
2
On 21 Nov 2017 at 5:43pm U. Chemelik - Hunt wrote:
Greetings, I am Ulysses Chemelik - Hunt. Your forum I like. I sing your petision. We must treat animals well.
 
1
On 23 Nov 2017 at 10:55pm Newsnight wrote:
Hope your watching you moron. What's your next petition


18 posts left

Your response


You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms


 

Moving On parade 93:132
Moving On parade

It is government by stealth because the measures are so constitutionally unsound, they can not be honest about them. The only... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.
George Washington