Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think


Lewes Forum New message

@All the people saying dogs don't attack sheep

16
3
On 5 Mar 2018 at 10:43am Rambler wrote:
Do you know your dog personally? Have you had deep philosophical conversations? No. Dogs are not people, dogs are animals. This means that their brains are unpredictable. They could just run for a sheep, you don't know. This is why you should keep your dogs leeshed or on some kind of restriction, as it could go wild at any moment. Just because it has never done so before, doesn't mean it can't happen. They don't have morals.
6
21
On 5 Mar 2018 at 11:04am Johnny Jules wrote:
Funnily enough Rambler, as a fully trained dog whisperer I can tell you that not all dogs are 'unpredictable' as you so put. I agree that in areas such as Landport bottom, when the sheep are spread around and are near the lower access gate of the field, you should keep your dog on a lead as a precaution. However, I have been on many a walk with my three dogs, (two of who have been with me and trained for years, one who I recently rescued from Raystede), and they are well behaved around that field. The suggestion that dogs don't have morals seems an unfair and frankly weak argument. Although this might be biased as I am a whisperer! Some people probably will have badly behaved dogs/untrained dogs, but you can't generalize as most dogs are fine. ( Those that aren't should definitely get in contact with me though )
18
4
On 5 Mar 2018 at 11:53am Shaun wrote:
It's the dog owners who choose to walk the dogs with out a lead who are lacking in morals. They are the guardian if the dog. If there dog attacked the sheep do you really think they would hang around to take the consequences? They would off like a shot
17
4
On 5 Mar 2018 at 11:57am Tom wrote:
"he's never done it before" is what they usually say.
11
3
On 5 Mar 2018 at 12:06pm Hot Dog wrote:
@johnny. Very irresponsible twaddle. Owners are unpredictable as well.
11
10
On 5 Mar 2018 at 12:08pm Tally-ho! wrote:
Woo, 'I'm a whisperer, I'm a dog whisperer'... well done on reaching the absolute summit of career achievement! A 'qualified' one at that. I really am impressed! How much did you pay for some person to print you off a certificate for you to frame and put on your wall? Thank god we're all safe now that you're here to protect us from harm..
3
3
On 5 Mar 2018 at 12:34pm How do you train a dog wrote:
whisperer? - with a dog whistle.
4
10
On 5 Mar 2018 at 1:28pm Iknow Itall wrote:
My dog will never snap or scare young children, regardless of whether they dangle their fingers in front of it.
My dog will never chase sheep or cows.
My dog will never chase a cat.
My dog will never pester another dog that may be on a lead.
My dog will never run into the road.
That is why my dog doesn't need a lead.
10
7
On 5 Mar 2018 at 2:20pm Dog owner wrote:
my dog is very happy on a lead, its all she knows. I wish some other unruly dog owners would keep there mutts on
leads. When walking we get alot of ď my dog is friendlyĒ whilest jumping up at you, your dog and scared child!
11
3
On 5 Mar 2018 at 2:58pm The law wrote:
Itís illegal to allow a dog of the lead where there are livestock around.
9
2
On 5 Mar 2018 at 4:16pm Stephen Watson wrote:
If you see a dog actually chasing sheep, you are entitled to call 999. If possible, get a photo for evidence. As far as Landport Bottom is concerned, when sheep are in the field signs ask dogs to be kept under 'close control' - on the lead is best. There may be soon lambs up in the small field (top of the hill right of motor road) and it is particularly important that dogs be kept on leads there.
8
4
On 5 Mar 2018 at 5:55pm Walker wrote:
My dog doesnít attack sheep.
Because I keep it on a lead.
2
4
On 6 Mar 2018 at 7:54pm Belle wrote:
Any dog that jumps up at me gets a sharp kick. I hate owners who don't control their dogs saying 'they're very friendly' or laughing as their paws deposit mud on me. Having been bitten by unruly and unpredictable dogs I will not tolerate bad dog behaviour.
1
1
On 6 Mar 2018 at 9:14pm Local wrote:
Oooh, get you!
1
1
On 8 Mar 2018 at 11:43am Johnny Jules wrote:
@Tally-ho! However amusing your post may have intended to be, it is my profession and I am pleased with my achievements. I'm sure you have a much more noteworthy job though so congratulations on that you must be so proud. Have some respect.
1
1
On 8 Mar 2018 at 11:53am Tally-ho! wrote:
It wasn't me bigging myself up @Johnny then touting for business and note please that other responsible dog owners disagree with your point of view.
Are they wrong because you have some dodgy Whispering certificate and they don't? Why don't you call yourself a Canine Behaviourist, it would make you sound more creditable and possibly accredited?
As for me you'll just have to guess, I don't need to shout about how great I am on a public form.


21 posts left

Your response


You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms


 

Through the Barbican 125:132
Through the Barbican

I meant disguise Iím just dyslexic -G more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine