Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Aldi Parking anger

On 11 Apr 2015 at 7:45pm Polite.passiveaggressive wrote:
I do believe that there must be a force field at the entrance to the aldi car park. I do not believe it effects everyone that enters but have no other way to explain how some drivers on entering completely forget how to park.
If you have not experienced this yet, firstly you are lucky, secondly my advice avoid, thirdly, if you wanna see for yourself head down at the weekend to observe drivers who abandon their cars in the middle of the road to rush in for their food. Clearly their must be a seasonal food shortage scare.
One driver today, in a land rover parked just in the middle of the road, everyone had to drive around his parked car. I also whintessed people who had parked properly unable to leave their space due to this persons inability to park and lack of respect or common sense.
I was so British in my rage that I nearly (very nearly) wrote a strongly worded letter to put under his window wiper. Before running back to my car in fear.
If you are reading this and believe you go to aldi car park and have not seen these drivers. I am sorry, you are the ones effected by this powerful hypnotic force field. Please park else where to avoid such future moments of rage.
All the best.
On 11 Apr 2015 at 9:59pm Paul Newman wrote:
I know exactly what you mean . I was there a few months ago and I pulled ahead of a space to reverse in and someone just whipped in behind me.
I got out and asked the 'young lady' what she thought she was doing ( just about keeping my temper) and she said she had no idea why I had stopped by the space ........
I pointed out that what with it being a car park and all that she might have had a wild stab in the dark, but before I could demonstrate what a wild stab in the dark might look like my wife did the old "Leave it ...." routine
I don`t think anyone has ever done that to me anywhere else ever its an absolute No no.
Thats not the only Aldi parking horror I have seen either.
Yup you are right there is some sort of brain sucking out device at work here, possibly of alien origin
On 11 Apr 2015 at 10:42pm Earl of Lewes wrote:
Polite - I'm glad you managed to control yourself and not succumb to the urge to write a slightly strongly worded note, placed with care under the wiper. If you feel this happen again, call the Really Rather Annoyed hotline on 0800 766766.
I actually did leave a note once and spent the rest of the day in torment, worrying that I'd accidentally picked on somone who'd suffered a misfortune.
Life would be a lot easier if we could just be like the Italians - shout at each other like hell for a few minutes and then forget all about it.
On 12 Apr 2015 at 6:29am townie wrote:
If it's any consolation, i parked in Tesco car park one early morning this week before work. It was just after 6am and apart from mine, there must've been 3 other cars in there.
When i came out, some utter utter c**t had parked 12" away from my drivers door......The whole car park to park in and they park so close, i had to get in via the passenger side.
There really are some desperately thick people on this planet.
On 12 Apr 2015 at 9:45am Mavis wrote:
Expect it to get worse, now Aldi overtakes Waitrose in the market place. At least Waitrose already have a parking monitor to supervise their genteel customers parking and timing their stays. I believe non Aldi shoppers use their car park for 3 hours free parking and having shopped there myself, it would be extremely hard to be in the store that long, especially with those speedy checkouts !!
On 12 Apr 2015 at 10:28am Earl of Lewes wrote:
You could always park in Tesco and walk to Aldi.
Townie - I know what you mean about thick people. I was alone on the empty upstairs of a bus when a mother and teenage son got on and picked the seat right behind me. Why? It's the herd instinct. You see it on beaches too. The good thing is that if you're on a beach like Birling Gap, you only have to walk for five minutes to get a nice empty stretch of beach.

On 13 Apr 2015 at 9:48pm A lidl bit of this.... wrote:
Don't worry folks. Aldi will soon have a parking assistance device for sale at 4.99 in the middle isle and all problems will be solved.
On 14 Apr 2015 at 1:36pm Ted wrote:
Why anyone would want to shop in Aldi mystifies me. Cheap and shoddy goods, rip off branding and the slowest moving checkout queues anywhere. I would rather pay 10p more at Tesco.
On 14 Apr 2015 at 3:26pm Me wrote:
keep pushing that one Ted. Seriously, all the DFL's and yoghurt knitting fraternity should bugger off back to waitrose and leave Aldi to us peasants. it was a whole nicer experience without Jonty, Marmaduke and their crap parking in their land rovers hogging up the isles.

On 14 Apr 2015 at 3:38pm Southover Queen wrote:
This discussion came to mind just this afternoon, when I popped in there, to find a Bunces van which simply seemed to have been abandoned in the middle of the space. Bizarre.

27 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes banners and crosses 58:132
Lewes banners and crosses

I would definitely suggest that Pancetta not bother to read it, the writer is not your type at all. Just vape another and float... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell