Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Abel and Cole Stall - Lewes Sell Out

On 27 Oct 2018 at 8:31am The Piddler wrote:
Why Able and Cole on Cliffe?
They owned by private equity big business and Lewes should support out local farmers not these corporate high street destroyers.
Support local Business
Who let them have a pitch? Will be Wholefoods next.
On 27 Oct 2018 at 8:55am William (A K A B*LL) wrote:
And ?
On 27 Oct 2018 at 9:20am James Clarke wrote:
Able and Cole much better than the barrow boys on Wednesday and Friday.There vegetables have mud on them. Able and Cole vegetables are nice and clean
On 27 Oct 2018 at 11:35am Shopper wrote:
How about supporting the businesses who pay huge rents and council tax all year round, employ local people and contribute to the local economy. I include the supermarkets in that.
On 27 Oct 2018 at 11:50am Not another shopper wrote:
Why are they here? I just looked them up they are a Private Equity / Hedgefunded business like any chain. It like Tesco or Wairose setting up a fake Farmers Market stall pretending to be local.
Hope Subway has a market stall too
On 27 Oct 2018 at 11:52am James Clarke wrote:
A better business will turn up when needed not just wait around in case the is a customer
On 27 Oct 2018 at 12:49pm Bongo wrote:
One might ask why are Subway here? Or all of the chain eateries in the town? Or WHSmith? That's are just a few that have elbowed independent shops out of Lewes.

30 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Cliffe Tableau 2015 Lewes 23:132
Cliffe Tableau 2015 Lewes

I've been sat here sh*tting myself, but so far nothing untoward has happened on my various bits of hardware. I don't have a fixed... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like All the wide open spaces on the downs
Jojo