Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

197 Wind Turbines

On 5 Feb 2012 at 7:54am SHS wrote:
In the sea off Brighton. Another one for the campaigners........

On 5 Feb 2012 at 10:03am Bazooka Joe wrote:
Dis"arse"terous news

On 5 Feb 2012 at 11:05am ADT wrote:
*Shrugs shoulders*

On 5 Feb 2012 at 11:10am Rosebud wrote:
I agree Bazooka. Haven't these people HEARD of nuclear energy.If you could site a new nuclear power station in a convenient place such as Shoreham or Newhaven, you wouldn't need these hideous monsters reaching up into the sky. Not only do they kill birds but they also make a tremendous din that can be heard for miles. They are a complete eyesore and they produce virtually no electricity !! I would have NO hesitation in laying the foundation stone of a power station on one of the above sites. It's clean, efficient and cheap ! And so what if the waste is a problem. We're human beings for God's sake. We're resourceful. If they do build the turbines I for one will be moving to Japan.
On 5 Feb 2012 at 11:24am jonnyboy wrote:
Rosebud, did you know your user name is gay slang for a rectal prolapse! That'll be from talking through your butt!
On 5 Feb 2012 at 11:29am Turbine lover wrote:
I'd happily pay your air fare to Japan Rosebud. Close the door on your way out.

On 5 Feb 2012 at 11:36am Rosebud wrote:
Thank you jonnyboy (straight slang for condom dispensing machine), you made me laugh out loud ! And by the way Rosebud is my real name. Hope you're happy now !
On 5 Feb 2012 at 11:42am Teachers Pet wrote:
Japan Rosebud?
Perhaps you could advise them on the clean up of their recent nuclear disaster and get some first hand knowledge of the devastation when these things go wrong!

On 5 Feb 2012 at 10:33pm Observer wrote:
I reckon it would be a good idea to make musical turbines.

On 5 Feb 2012 at 10:43pm Observer wrote:
Sorry about that I tend to stutter a lot.

On 6 Feb 2012 at 10:06am Cliffite wrote:
After watching Age of Stupid, seeing posh old farts campaigning to stop development of wind turbines really made my bloody boil. You'll be dead soon, stop being selfish and let the willing and able make a positive, renewable change for the future without nuclear power.

On 6 Feb 2012 at 11:48am Southover Queen wrote:
Hear, hear Cliffite. Not helped by complete idiots like UKIP advocating continuing to rape the earth rather than modify our consumption of fossil fuels, in the fracking thread. If ever I needed a reason not to vote UKIP*, that post sums it up nicely.

*Oddly enough, I wasn't searching that hard...

On 6 Feb 2012 at 12:51pm Bazooka Joe wrote:
I do wish people would wise up about the true cost of wind turbines as they seem to glaze over when words such as "sustainability", "carbon footprint" and "eco-friendly" are used.
What about raping the Earth for materials used in the manufacture of turbines, the transportation costs and maintenance?

No surprise, but my vote goes to nuclear power.

On 6 Feb 2012 at 12:53pm Cliffite wrote:
Pretty sure the overall cost is a lot lower than dealing with nuclear waste and the building of a nuclear power plant :-/

On 6 Feb 2012 at 12:57pm Bazooka Joe wrote:
If you are talking about sustainability and value for money - nuclear is by far the most efficient source.
In terms of health risks from nuclear fuel - I would imagine more people have been injured/died during the manufacture and transportation of turbines!

On 6 Feb 2012 at 2:26pm bastian wrote:
I like windmills...wind mills good..more please.
the only reason off shore wind farms have been avoided is because they interfere with radar..but as we all spy on each other from space it doesn't matter.

On 6 Feb 2012 at 3:24pm Consumer wrote:
Does anyone know if an advantage to wind turbines will be lower electricity bills?

17 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Keere Street Cross 48:132
Keere Street Cross

In the week before lockdown, central government gave local councils several million pounds to enable councils to put all homeless... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell