Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

weird Ringmer/ lewes teacher and Megan

On 24 Sep 2012 at 4:48pm chris huang-zhe wrote:
wha gwan?

On 24 Sep 2012 at 4:49pm chris huang-zhe wrote:
wha gwan
On 24 Sep 2012 at 6:55pm Peter Pan wrote:
Why a police search by the British and French Police for Megan , this isnt some little inmature little school girl most 15 year old's are as mature as 25 year olds where 20 years ago and a lot more street wise than there parents no harm will come to her and after a week,s holiday with her boy friend she will return home safe and sound and with a big smile , come on wake up and smell the coffee
On 24 Sep 2012 at 7:24pm Clifford wrote:
Do you know the girl in question personally Peter Pan? If not, perhaps you shouldn't really be commenting on her maturity or otherwise.
On 24 Sep 2012 at 7:54pm Deelite wrote:
The photo being used by most of the media of her in her school uniform is rather out of date. She looks nothing like that. Girls (especially) grow up a lot sooner than they did when I was a lad. However a teacher should never succumb to the desire to screw his/her pupils. They are in a position trust.

On 24 Sep 2012 at 10:03pm Dave wrote:
If you look at recent photos of them both on the Daily Telegraph website, the age difference is far less obvious. She would pass as early 20's easily.

On 25 Sep 2012 at 3:59am expat two wrote:
Daily Telegraph printing pictures of what appears to be a mature woman? Are you sure you've got this right?

On 25 Sep 2012 at 9:35am Rose wrote:
Apparently the school have known about the relationship for some months!
On 25 Sep 2012 at 9:56am Older and wiser wrote:
Feelings are incredibly intense for both boys and girls at that age. In a few years she will be seriously embarrased about what she has put her family through.
On 25 Sep 2012 at 10:26am I-Was-15-Once-Too wrote:
I cannot see at all the relevance of her so-called mature appearance. At 15, she is neither a child nor an adult and one of the headiest experiences of the threshold on which she finds herself is the opportunity to explore her developing sexuality, which undoubtedly involves a certain amount of provocative behaviour as she tests the waters of the responses she can elicit and of how that might feel. Most teenage girls do this to some extent with 'safe' subjects - fathers, stepfathers, parents' friends, friends' parents, male teachers - before progressing to more mature relationships with boys their own age - more mature in the sense that they involve a more equal interaction and have the possibility of going some distance. The combination of immaturity and insecurity makes girls of that age extremely vulnerable, however 'mature' and 'streetwise' they might appear. Add to that the special vulnerability of a girl whose own father - the first man in her life - is nowhere to be seen, and the cultural nonsense peddled towards girls in western society about love, romance, destiny, astrological compatibility, the importance of finding The One, etc etc, and you have a very vulnerable individual indeed. IMO, anyone who cannot manage their own insecurities enough to give a wide berth to such a teenager, however sexually or emotionally appealing they may be, has no business teaching that (or probably any other) age group.

On 25 Sep 2012 at 11:38am Dave wrote:
Expat Two, BBC website running same photo of Megan as the Telegraph, so have to assume it's accurate. She does look much more mature than in the early school photo, in fact the early photo would be useless if you were looking out for her now.

On 25 Sep 2012 at 12:33pm Sceptic wrote:
If you have got access to the Internet Megan at least let your parents know you are safe. They must be worried sick.
On 25 Sep 2012 at 12:36pm Kettle wrote:
When I was 15 I viewed any man over 20 who came on to me as an inadequate perv. Still think I was right.
On 25 Sep 2012 at 12:36pm Rose wrote:
Has the school failed here given they knew of the relationship? Do they not have a legal (if not a moral duty) to involve the appropriate authorities?

On 25 Sep 2012 at 12:59pm Southover Queen wrote:
I think they do, Rose, yes. It's deeply unfortunate that the school in question is a C of E one in Eastbourne, given the ongoing problems with paedophile C of E priests locally.

To "I was 15 once": I couldn't agree more. A male teacher is in such a delicate position always, and surely must know that.

On 25 Sep 2012 at 2:50pm It gets worse wrote:
I just listened to his latest song on MySpace. It is very worrying. All about killing etc. 'Arrows and Hearts'. She needs finding and fast

Check it out here »

On 25 Sep 2012 at 4:28pm Grunge wrote:
Anyone having a sexual relationship with a young person of 15 will, I believe, be put on the Sex Offenders Register, and would no longer be employed as a teacher. What a price to pay!
On 25 Sep 2012 at 5:30pm Peter Pan wrote:
Thats the least of his troubles He's got to deal with Her indoors yet!!!

On 25 Sep 2012 at 6:33pm Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
The maturity or otherwise of the girl is irrelevant imo. The man was in a position of power and responsibility and he abused that position. If he loses his job, ends up in prison and goes on the SRO he has only himself to blame.
At 15, she is a child in the eyes of the law and should be protected by it. If he was a priest, I think people would be crying for his blood.
On 25 Sep 2012 at 10:52pm Mme B wrote:
I agree, ACT. And as her teacher he can hardly claim that he didn't know her age.

On 26 Sep 2012 at 6:58am I dont live in lewes... wrote:
ACT,
If he was a priest it would be swept under the carpet and he would be moved on/promoted.
Indeedy-do God works in a mysterious way.
The school management has some tricky questions to answer.
The out come is sure to be " Lessons to be learned".
No pun intended.
PhilX

On 26 Sep 2012 at 8:24am Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
Sadly, you are probably right IDLIL.

On 26 Sep 2012 at 8:40am Chav wrote:
I fought he might be you Phil till I erd he was only 30. Is he ur sun?

On 26 Sep 2012 at 7:49pm Red Hugh wrote:
Unfortunately the school is called Bishop Bell (just think of the jokes)
On 27 Sep 2012 at 12:31am expat two wrote:
Not really sure this is a story. Certainly didn't warrant being on NZ news last night.
Is she any closer to 16 than Charlotte Church was when that sweaty **** Chris Moyles started counting down the days until she became 'legal'?
On 27 Sep 2012 at 1:36am Brick in the wall wrote:
That's teaching. One day you're taking the register, the next you're appearing on one.
On 27 Sep 2012 at 9:18am Peter Pan wrote:
When I was at school you needed a pen and pencil and paper for a maths lesson!! now it seemes you only need a rubber

Glad to see the French Police have got better things to do and more sense than the British
On 27 Sep 2012 at 12:04pm The Twister wrote:
This is just another example of the British media blowing a very ordinary news story out of all proportion and the sad "great" British public going along with it as they always do. This story might just merit a mention in in the Sussex Express but why the hell is it all over the British media ( including the BBC national news).

On 27 Sep 2012 at 3:12pm Mme B wrote:
Because an adult has abused his position of trust. Perhaps I ought not to be surprised at the lack of any moral code shown by some people who have posted on this thread. The fact that these things happen doesn't make them right.
On 27 Sep 2012 at 9:54pm expat two wrote:
I‚??m not sure I agree with that. The ‚??abuse of a position of trust‚?? is something that happens in life and is routinely overlooked by both the law and the media. Indeed, there are many people within the law and media professions (amongst many, many others) have done pretty well themselves by abusing their position of trust. I don‚??t think ‚??abuse of a position of trust‚?? is really what‚??s bothering you either, what I think is bothering you is the idea that this is a dispicable case of paedophilia. This guy didn‚??t sodomise a 7 year old choirboy though, he ran away with a girl who hasn‚??t quite reached the age at which the law has decided we are capable of making perfectly rational decisions.
I‚??m not defending his behaviour, but in the overall scheme of things, it‚??s not really worth an international manhunt, is it?
Its not a lack of moral code, more of a refusal to get caught up in the witch-hunting hysteria we're all so heartily sick of. Some people will grab their pitchforks and torches, some people will sit back and make jokes. I'm siding with the latter.

On 27 Sep 2012 at 10:29pm Mme B wrote:
Expat Two: what makes you think I am thinking along the lines of paedophilia? I am not. Teenagers need to feel that, in their schools, they are in an environment where their emotions and feelings of sexuality, not yet mature and controlled, will be not be taken advantage of. The man concerned was evidently not himself mature enough to deal kindly with a teenage crush, and to deflect it.
Many posts on this thread seem to put forward the idea that as the girl looked old enough, why not? I think this attitude is wrong.

On 27 Sep 2012 at 11:10pm Southover Queen wrote:
I'm completely with you, Mme B. An adolescent human is a swirling mass of emotions and hormones which they don't understand. One of the frequent objects of crushes (which to the individual manifests as everlasting love to the death passion) is bound to be a young teacher, especially one who is also an amateur musician. A school must be a completely safe environment where any teacher (of either sex) knows that a young person with a crush on them is the equivalent of a hand grenade and must be handled with extreme care. It doesn't matter how old the child looks: it was the school's job to keep her safe, and they seem to have failed.

On 28 Sep 2012 at 1:31pm someone else wrote:
Found, then.
On 28 Sep 2012 at 4:21pm Wilma wrote:
In Rochdale teenagers can be abused for years on end before some responsible professional intervenes. This girl has not been kidnapped or raped or abused and god knows how many professionals have been involved to find her. It is stupid ( and illegal) to start a relation as a teacher with a pupil but it seems to me that in this case it is consensual.
On 28 Sep 2012 at 4:56pm Mme B wrote:
Wilma, of course it is consensual. She is besotted with him, presumably, but he - as a teacher - should have dealt with it in a professional manner. She is 15 for heaven's sake, and you appear to think it is OK for her to run away from home and embark on, presumably, a sexual relationship with a married man twice her age. It is hard to imagine which of the two is more immature. I certainly wouldn't want that for a daughter of mine. Would you? Or perhaps, like one of the posters above, you think it is all OK and we should have a coffee instead of worrying about it.
As to events in Rochdale, it is all appalling, and those who turned a blind eye to it are as guilty as those who have received prison sentences.

On 29 Sep 2012 at 7:19am Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
I was chilled to hear one of the girls in the Rochdale case on the radio the other day. A social worker had told her parents that her prostitution was "a lifestyle choice". Ffs - did it not occur to the SW that coercion and/or manipulation might be involved?
Was it Rochdale where they had the supposed "satanic abuse" case some years ago?

On 29 Sep 2012 at 4:11pm Mme B wrote:
ACT I think you are right. There must be some seriously naive and poorly trained elements in the..... whoops! I'd better not say that!

This thread has reached its limit now
Why not start another one

Homeward bound 44:132
Homeward bound

Tom, you sound like those passionate Corbynistas who labelled everyone who didn't support their beloved Jeremy as a pink Tory. I... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the forum and being able to respond to things I agree and don't agree with.
Clare