Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

first car boot sale tomorrow - any tips?

On 8 Aug 2009 at 10:31am Sam Spam wrote:
we're getting id of loads of old stuff at a car boot sale tomorrow
As neither of us have ever done one before, has anybody got any sure fire tips to maximise our profits?.....!?

On 8 Aug 2009 at 11:11am Cliff Edge wrote:
Don't park in the bays outside Laura Ashley

On 8 Aug 2009 at 1:33pm jonnyboy wrote:
Have an idea of how much you want for items. People love to haggle so set your prices higher to allow for this. Dealers will try to get into your car as you are unloading so keep an I on them and don't take their initial derisory offers. Take plenty of change, hot and cold drinks and don't forget your sunscreen.

On 8 Aug 2009 at 7:50pm wanderer wrote:
if your going to a big one dont forget your pitch fee upfront .and yeah same as other poster dump the dealers or tell em yeah I think I have some china and spoons somewhere if you like to wait .. quite funny .. seems to be a fav with them.

On 8 Aug 2009 at 8:43pm Bootsaler. wrote:
Take your collection of carrier bags too...Folk love a carrier bag.
Plenty of change as Jonnyboy said.A bumbag or secure tin,and watch out for thieves too.I remember once I was counting up all my £1 coins at the end of a boot sale and this nice man came up and asked me if he could relieve me of them.I agreed and parted with 40.He gave me 2 duff 20 notes in return.Luckily we managed to get rid of them...But boot sales must be favourite places for duff notes.

On 9 Aug 2009 at 2:43pm Interested wrote:
Did you manage to sell the pine mug tree and Betamax video recorder, Sam?

On 9 Aug 2009 at 6:47pm Sam Spam wrote:
thanks for the tips - have returned, a little richer (£50 up), a lot hotter and with many of the extreme tat still in the car!.....never doing that again though, depressing business and some real pond-life to deal with!...

On 9 Aug 2009 at 7:00pm Boot saler wrote:
Sam,which boot sale did you end up doing?

On 9 Aug 2009 at 7:14pm Sam Spam wrote:
Poynings...huge place but everybody packed yo after lunch despite it starting at 10:00...

On 17 Aug 2009 at 5:23pm RosieHowes wrote:
ok smile at coustumers set the table up atactivley and take chane also if it rains take a gabezzo set prices higher becoz people like to haggle down and just enjoy your self

On 30 Aug 2009 at 6:41pm sandra basram wrote:
Think carefully about what you have for sale.I have done 3 bootsales and have found video's don't sell.books, cosmetics and necklaces seem to go down well as do clothes but don't expect much for even brand new clothes or shoes and handbags.if you have designer bags/shoes I would stick to E-bay.
I agree with bootsaler take plenty of carrier bags and a bumbag for your takings.good luck

26 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

The Lewes Penny 119:132
The Lewes Penny

Wish I was younger so I could leave you all to it. Boris represents everything I hate, and I guess by extension the UK now does... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an ass of yourself.
Oscar Wilde