Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

The Anchor Inn

On 28 Sep 2010 at 4:49pm brightonbabe wrote:
I here that the Landlord of the Anchor in Barcombe Mills is leaving. Whoopeee!!!!!!. Can anyone shed any light on this? I'm guessing he's realised how much he up-set most of Brighton over the summer.
On 28 Sep 2010 at 4:56pm Extra wrote:
The facts are that the popular Landlord of the Royal Oak in Barcombe, is retiring at Christmas. The rumour is that the Landlord of The Anchor is interested in the vacancy, but Harveys who own the Oak are looking for a couple to take it on. Read the facts on Harveys web site.....

On 28 Sep 2010 at 6:36pm local resident wrote:
Oh no! Hopefully the shotgun loving megalomaniac will be told to 'do one' by Harveys. The Royal Oak just needs a friendly couple who can bring the pub up to date, with a good range of beers and good food...without making it in to some tossy country toffs pub.

On 28 Sep 2010 at 7:09pm 'ere be monsters wrote:
It'll be straight from the Trevor to Barcombe then.

On 28 Sep 2010 at 8:40pm stan wrote:
sorry to be thick but whar did the landlord do to upset most of Brighton?

On 28 Sep 2010 at 10:24pm Trouble wrote:
Back to this place again?
Most of Brighton? How about most of Sussex?

As the landlord of the Anchor has made a Merc convertible out of the Anchor in two short-season years it seems unlikely that he'll leave it (unless he needs to sell it to pay January's tax)

Hopefully there would be no way he could take on the Royal Oak at Barcombe as almost all of the residents of Barcombe can't stand him and the pub would die in a week.

On 28 Sep 2010 at 11:15pm Extra wrote:
He could of course manage both pubs......
On 29 Sep 2010 at 8:48am Trouble wrote:
Heaven forbid. Has he got something against Barcombe? Revenge for an unloved childhood?

On 29 Sep 2010 at 1:36pm Intruder or PR stunt? wrote:
Mr T is the only person in Barcombe that constantly makes me feel on edge. Instead of spotting a business opportunity of offering hampers (or something less grand) for people wishing to enjoy the pub surroundings; He would rather shout at people having a pic-nic on the field opposite in an intimidating manner.
I love the fact he usually wears combat shorts whilst driving his Landy as if he was on safari!

On 29 Sep 2010 at 2:39pm get orf my land wrote:
Harveys would not consider Mr Thomas a candidate for running the Royal Oak if they were aware on the huge number of damning online reviews Barcombe's Anchor Inn has received since he took it over.

I hope they are aware of them.
On 29 Sep 2010 at 4:58pm King Of The Swingers wrote:
Has anyone else noticed the stickers of bullet holes on his Land Rover? I mean seriously, what a jackass. Bring back the old pub and stop butchering what could quite happily be one of the nicest pubs in Sussex.
Done.
On 4 Oct 2010 at 4:39pm peggy plumpton wrote:
Re: Mr Anchor(!)
Wow!! After our visit to The Anchor and meeting Mr Thomas and his wedding advisor, with my daughter and her fiance, we found him most obliging and he couldn't do enough to accommodate our needs.
The pub is obviously well looked after with a lot of love put into it. We shall be returning with friends very soon!
To find a more genuine character in the guise of landlord....you'd be hard pushed.
It seems his character has been subject to some really bitter and unfounded accusations. A real shame, cos we found him to be extremely pleasant. We give him a REAL thumbs up. A beautiful place for a wedding venue.....recommend people go and take a look for themselves.
On 4 Oct 2010 at 5:06pm Slightly Cynical wrote:
So flattering, Mr. Thomas couldn't have written a better advert himself - or maybe he did!
On 4 Oct 2010 at 5:21pm teresa wrote:
Just to say that I agree with Ppeggy plumton. I had a wonderrful wedding there this year . Thank you Mr Tomas. A great day. cheers

On 4 Oct 2010 at 5:59pm george wrote:
id like to say my family had a great time on the boats,my children loved the swing.we had hours of fun.

On 12 Oct 2010 at 3:07am Demon guy wrote:
I see Anchor Inn landlord Simon Thomas and the hired help are up to their old tricks with their pathetically see-through positive posts.

On 17 Oct 2010 at 11:38am King Of The Swingers wrote:
Peggy Plumpton? I wonder if this could be any kind of reference to the fact that the accused used to own The Winning Post (formally The Sun) in Plumpton, well i frequented that pub for many a year and lets put it this way, people don't change much.

On 27 Oct 2010 at 8:09pm mr b wrote:
Do you people not have anything better to do with your lives then bit#c about people who are in a better position.... i'd imagine then most of you?! grow some backbone and if you have an issue i employ you to take it up with mr thomas, as i can pretty much guarentee 99% of you pathetic people will not do as you all take sancutary in you computers???!!! HA

19 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Burning Crosses in Lewes 15:132
Burning Crosses in Lewes

Thank you Nevill man, some people are so selfish and donít understand the mental health of youngers more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Liberty cannot be preserved without general knowledge among the people.
John Adams