Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

you're nicked

On 31 May 2009 at 1:56pm me wrote:
Saw that little chap from a while back (remember - he was abusing someone on cliffe bridge which prompted discussions about race issues on the forum?) being taken handcuffed to a police car outside adamczewskis yesterday.

Unfortunately saw him again today with his mates heading towards the high st. The law must still be an ass. Or was he innocent?

On 31 May 2009 at 2:39pm officer wrote:
people like that are all ways guilty.

On 31 May 2009 at 3:06pm Decent Citizen wrote:
Nice little group arnt"t they?NOT.Always in trouble.Incidently colour of skin does NOT come into it.They are all little s***s.Heading for prison when they are old enough I should think.

On 31 May 2009 at 5:44pm Toque wrote:
That's really cheered me up. On Tuesday night we were taking the dog for a walk to Malling Fields, walking up the footpath towards Tescos. Across the river sitting on the bank smoking was that little black kid and his hoodie mates. He started shouting "You fat c*nt", "Your missus is a fat ugly c*nt", etc. And his mates joined in with a chorus of foul obscenities and "What do you think you're staring at". I've also seen the little scrote climbing around on the rooftops near the youth club/car park. Jail is too good for him in my opinion.

On 31 May 2009 at 6:19pm Agony Aunt wrote:
The police had taped off Brats/Regency Furniture and part of Fox & Co this morning. From what I could see the large window in the front of Brats was completed smashed in. Wonder who did that (and when)?

On 31 May 2009 at 6:46pm Frankfurter wrote:
Yeah that toe-rag has shouted stuff at me before too; I would say PITY him more then anything cos he must have a very sad and unstabke life to be so aggressive and lost at that age.

On 31 May 2009 at 6:53pm Sam Spam wrote:
with a bit of luck our scalliwog will abuse someone big and nasty soon and will thus have the sh*te kicked out of him......may I join the queue? (pls tell me where he regularly hangs out and out paths will cross)

On 31 May 2009 at 7:36pm Toque wrote:
He likes to hang out near the youth club and the side of the river opposite the footpath. Often seen hanging about the precinct and Cliffe high street at twighlight. I'd like to have a word with his parents.

On 31 May 2009 at 7:55pm Sam Spam wrote:
maybe it's time a few of the locals paid him a visit!.....could to with the exercise!....any takers?

On 31 May 2009 at 8:07pm Observer wrote:
He has a friend in Mountfield Road.Every bit as lovely as him.Police are regular visitors.Horrible little gits.

On 31 May 2009 at 8:49pm Laura Norder wrote:
Sam Spam wrote: "maybe it's time a few of the locals paid him a visit!.....could to with the exercise!....any takers?"
Sam, what's the difference between you and the person we're talking about? You sound like a bit of a thug who can be very brave if he's got a gang with him.

On 31 May 2009 at 9:18pm Sam Spam wrote:
He has given my wife grief recently when she was returning from Cliffe and she returned in tears - payback is required.....hope you never bump into him...

On 31 May 2009 at 9:19pm Spinster Of This Parish wrote:
Agree with Laura on this one - you cannot afford to take the law into your own hands. However, it's a shame the police are no longer permitted to clip kids around the ear - the practice worked wonders!

On 31 May 2009 at 10:15pm mr happy wrote:
If its the boy I am thinking of then the history is that his Dad went abroad to do charity work and came back with the boys mum and her sons.The mum then went back to wherever she came from alone leaving the Dad (who is about 60) to bring up the boys and he clearly does not cope well. Dont take my word as gospel but from memory that is the story.

On 31 May 2009 at 10:33pm Observer wrote:
Anyone know where the arrested boy lives? Presumably it is Cliffe area. I have observed him and his horrible friends around the station with the charmers who lived over the toilets in Mountfield road, and outside a house in Mountfield road. I wish I knew what the answer is to this problem.The police seem to have their hands tied as they are so young. They are mostly not in school.

On 31 May 2009 at 11:42pm Heinrich wrote:
Three weeks ago or so I was encouraged by a PCSO to report them after I got some footage of them showing them to be up to no good. I dismissed it back then when it happened as I thought it wasn't worth it. However was told to call the incident room as the Police is apparently building up an 'ASBO' profile against the three and needs every bit and piece of info. After reporting another PCSO came around and took the footage away. Identified them in a split second and told me that Hoodie A was in court the previous week and that Hoodie B is due in court the following week. Theft, etc etc, so don't just post it on this forum but report it however small it is. When I watched them they potentially could have killed someone but were disturbed. So call the Police on 01273 404000 or 0845 60 70 999. It's sickening that they're still out on the streets.

On 1 Jun 2009 at 8:57am rascist postings wrote:
"scalliwog" !?? "SCALLIWOG!" Sam Spam - this is RACISM.

On 1 Jun 2009 at 9:08am Calm Down, Prat wrote:
I thought it was a brilliant slip of the finger, but call the Guardian if you must.

On 1 Jun 2009 at 9:19am Big Brother wrote:
Thing is,word will get to them that they are being immortalised on here.
I don't know them,have probably never met them,but I feel like I know of them now...Does anyone else think this may be like a 'Red rag to a bull' type scenario?

On 1 Jun 2009 at 10:46am Sam Spam wrote:
spelling mistake - really!

On 1 Jun 2009 at 11:47am jackal wrote:
Hi Mr.Happy. Sounds like the little person that I know. His father has done a good job with the boys but the one in question obviously has no qulams about what hw gets up to. His father is a very kind man but it seems that this one really does not give a t--- as to how much he hurts his dad and other people. Please don't blame his dad he is doing his best with what hes got.

On 1 Jun 2009 at 11:59am Ed Can Do wrote:
My girlfriend spotted them nicking sweets from the sweet shop in Riverside. They were summiraly thrown out but came back later the same day being rather abusive. They never try anything when Lee, the big guy from the fishmongers is there, only when the lady who runs the sweetshop is there on her own at that end of the building. Anyway, I would hope that the CCTV footage was passed on to the police.
Sadly, ASBO's are largely pointless. It's essentially the police asking nicely that the kids don't keep breaking the law. If they do break their ASBO, they might get another one, which they'll carry on ignoring. It takes months and months and a lot of expensive police and legal work to serve an ASBO on a kid which is ridiculous given he's been caught red handed breaking the law on more than one occasion. It's no wonder that kids have no respect for the law these days as the system is a joke.
Lewes needs a shopwatch scheme to go with the pubwatch scheme. If these kids were faced with a ban from going in any shops in town, they might think twice about shoplifting and being abusive. Lord knows the pubs are all much, much nicer since pubwatch started as everyone knows that getting barred from one will probably result in you getting barred from all of them.
Either that or someone should go round to his house and steal all his stuff, see how he likes it.

On 1 Jun 2009 at 12:38pm Chuck wrote:
Sam Spam, I agree with you. If more people decided to do something about little scrotes like them, then this country would not be in the mess it is today in terms of violence and crime.

On 1 Jun 2009 at 1:00pm apple pie wrote:
There is a shop watch scheme in the town - but you have to have a conviction to be banned??

On 1 Jun 2009 at 1:40pm Ed Can Do wrote:
I didn't know that, it's certainly not as well publicised as pubwatch. I think these kids will be "discouraged" from going into the Riverside anymore certainly and the public has no rights to enter a shop, they are allowed to enter by the shop owner as I understand it so if other shopkeepers followed suit and barred the little crims then if nothing else, the shoplifting might stop.
Still won't stop them shouting abuse at people, that'll have to wait for them to shout at the wrong person and get a kicking.

On 1 Jun 2009 at 5:57pm Sam Spam wrote:
anybody know if he carries a knife......?

On 1 Jun 2009 at 6:27pm mr happy wrote:
It must be the same person then Jackal. Yes he is a nice man and his family are lovely to and have tried really hard to help him with the boys. I saw them at a wedding a few years back and it was obvious he had his hands full. I am not excusing the boys behaviour in any way but I think help should have been available to the boys via school maybe and help for the Dad as well as it is as hard for single Dads as it is for single Mums.

On 1 Jun 2009 at 8:36pm Baron Ardup wrote:
you guys are crazy!....see below from BBC website:
Man 'critical' after park assault
A 29-year-old man has been left critically ill in hospital after a fight broke out in a West Sussex park.
Sussex Police said the man had been walking with his girlfriend in Victoria Park, Portslade, on Saturday evening when he was injured.
Officers believe he was hurt following an argument with a group of people, aged between 16 or 17.
Police have appealed for any witnesses to the incident that happened between 1930 and 2000 BST to contact them.

On 1 Jun 2009 at 8:39pm Sam Spam wrote:
I'm ex-3 para, while I would never start anything I could always finish it!....

On 1 Jun 2009 at 9:55pm the masked avenger wrote:
HELP i will give him help at the end of a rope . bring back the birch after a taste if that they will think twice before commiting a crime.

On 2 Jun 2009 at 1:25am geoff wrote:
One would think that the way some off you go on, that this was a master criminal in his/her prime. It is a kid, and if we can't deal with him without screaming for the return of hanging, then we get what we deserve. I don't suppose anyone on here shoplifted as a child, or swore, or was ever badly behaved.

On 2 Jun 2009 at 2:27am Heinrich wrote:
With the exception that these 'kids' could have killed a baby and caused a great amount of damage with their thoughless actions if they hadn't been distured. I guess this sort of bad behaviour is acceptable with you Geoff?

On 2 Jun 2009 at 8:17am San Spam wrote:
it's also that everybody just seems to hide when kids behave in an aggressive manner today - in the same way that you cannot just hit them, you can face them down and act in self defence if they start swinging (if you feel confident in your abilities)....if you see someone being verbally or physically attacked in the street then HELP THEM!.....either by simply force of numbers or by calling on others...that's what will work every time (but you gotta grow a spine to do it)....

On 2 Jun 2009 at 10:13am Observer wrote:
Geoff I would be interested to know how you would handle the abuse etc?This is a genuine enquiry not sarcasm. They really are repulsive little s***s. One can only hope that the group gets broken up somehow.

On 2 Jun 2009 at 10:37am Geoff wrote:
Good grief.
Of course bad behaviour isn't acceptable. Whislt you ae all whipping yourselves up into a frenzy, and prepare a tree for a lynching, i have asked you to remember that you are talking about a child, and asked if anyone else has ever behaved badly. I notice that no one replied, and that you are all perfect.
It's hardly surprising this child is so cocky, he has got you all wound up, engaging in his personal drama of bad behaviour, and getting loads of attention.

On 2 Jun 2009 at 10:46am No Pot Pourri wrote:
I know the lad a little. I understand that his mother has suffered some dreadful experiences in her past and has considerable issues. Dad tries to do the right thing but is ineffectual. The child has no self discipline and does not understand normal social limits. I hope that someday he will learn to respect others and himself. When he is not acting like a tw*t he is quite a nice kid.

On 2 Jun 2009 at 11:21am Observer wrote:
I am happy to say I have never(as a child or adult) had any dealings with police except other than a family member. No I am not a paragon of virtue, I was just brought up to respect others and their property. I get tired of hearing the do gooders finding reasons and excuses for bad behavior. These kids whether they have been taught the basics or not, are old enough to know that their behavior is unnaceptable. It is about time the law was changed to take this into account and put these little sods away to learn a lesson. Sod the bleeding hearts, toughness is needed here.

On 2 Jun 2009 at 12:03pm Geoff wrote:
Observer. Unlike you, I love 'Do Gooders' because as it says on the tin, they 'do good' Do you prefer 'Do Badders'?
It is great that you had a good upbringing because not everyone does. If you were rich would you be going round saying that poor people should know better than to beg for money?
If a teenager shouts something offensive to me I usually shout back something funny, and they laugh. Perhaps you could get off your high horse and try that. It is a bit pathetic that adults are going round being intimidated by a few troubled children in Lewes. This isn't exactly the ghetto is it!

On 2 Jun 2009 at 12:49pm Observer wrote:
Geoff .You obviously have not come across these little darlings,or you would be aware that what you are saying is nonsense. Perhaps my use of the expression "do gooders"was wrong for which I apologize.There are those who do a great deal of good for the right reasons,for which I applaud them but,those who think reasoning and understanding,feeling sympathy, forgivness and all the other old b******s should have an encounter with the likes mentioned and perhaps they will realize the only answer is to come down hard on them.

On 2 Jun 2009 at 1:16pm Geoff wrote:
O.
I lived in the area of london with the highest gun crime, for over 7 years. My newsagent would proudly show customers his own gun kept under the counter to let us know we had protected shopping! I have physically apprehended a criminal myself, and acted as a witness for crime, so you might want to adjust your stereotypes a little.
Lewes is hardly at the front line of social collapse.
I agree with you cannot ignore bad behaviour, but the world is not as black and white as you seem to think. Thank goodness. Do you also believe that all seemingly successful people are saintly, and that none of them are frauds and liars? MP's for example.......?

On 2 Jun 2009 at 1:17pm Long Distance Whelker wrote:
Maybe people should be policed and licensed to have their own children.

On 2 Jun 2009 at 2:10pm LTR wrote:
Or we could 'put them down' if they call people names and are bad teenagers. Observer could do the assessing.

On 2 Jun 2009 at 2:38pm Ed Can Do wrote:
I saw the kid last night walking down towards from the Elly with one of his mates, play fighting each other and knocking on people's front doors.
They were being (Very unsubtley) followed by the police who were driving round and round the block keeping an eye on them so I imagine if they do do anything properly criminal soon they'll get collared for it.

On 2 Jun 2009 at 2:41pm Heinrich wrote:
Observer, how can DFL darling Geoff be aware of his nonesense with statements like 'Lewes is hardly at the front line of social collapse.'? He's clearly suffering of untreatable BTV.. Bill's Tunnel Vision. Be nice. But I do agree with him that we hardly have anything to moan about if we compare ourselves to the aftermath of Nagasaki. Really lucky we are. Really. And what an ungrateful garstly ungrateful bunch of people we are. Going on about kids which only perhaps kill a baby. Nothing compared really.

On 7 Jun 2009 at 8:44am demon 2 wrote:
police what police there never about plus there useless to soft if u nick a mars bar u get banged up but if u do worse u get away with it bonkers britain what a bunch of twxxxs they r

This thread has reached its limit now
Why not start another one

Buskers in Lewes 17:132
Buskers in Lewes

Sound as a pound eh? Sadly, I'm not surprised that you see no conflict of interest,you haven't been told to. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone
Nancy