Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

why cameron et all are wrong

On 30 Mar 2011 at 3:07am Brixtonbelle wrote:
see the link

On 30 Mar 2011 at 4:18am Newmania wrote:
What link ?

On 30 Mar 2011 at 6:26am Red Ken wrote:
You don't need a link. He's just wrong. About everything.

On 30 Mar 2011 at 6:47am Newmania wrote:
Well I`ll just assume its the usual load of guff then .Here is a handy demolition of the lies being spread by the greedy public sector unions, their thug friends and their puppet Labour Leader

Check it out here »

On 30 Mar 2011 at 6:56am Newmania wrote:
So not only is Osborne right he is not going nearly far enough. We are doing he bare minimum to keep the markets quiet but not cutting enough to allow the tax cuts we need to grow the Economy
You see when you cut taxes the market directs resources to profitable activity and away from dead wood . Until we face up to that we are stuck in stagflation which is better than going under ( as we would under Labour) but not a cure
Does anyone seriously think that more social workers will make us richer , that we are under borrowed or insufficiently inflationary ?
No-one but the mentally feeble or the Public sector and their tribunes

On 30 Mar 2011 at 7:07am Expat two wrote:
Newman, you are a poisonous liar (and by that I mean politician) and a failed one at that. As if anything you link to is a reliable or partisan source.
I'm not even going to bother looking at your stupid rhetoric, its probably just another paranoid right wing capitalist parasite, diverting attention away from the fact that the country is in an horrific mess solely thanks to capitalist greed and the complicity , if not encouragement, of politicians.
Why on earth are you even on this website, are you just trying to woo idiots to the capitalist dictatorship's cause? Aren't you satisfied by your own rabid blogs - or is nobody reading them?

On 30 Mar 2011 at 7:43am MC wrote:
I often enjoy the political threads on this forum but it is supposed to be a local web site about local issues and the far too frequent polital posts and interjection by Newmania of polital points into otherwise innocuous threads is tiring and often causes the threads to descend into slanting matches.

What is worse though is Newmania's constant arrogance and rudeness and the effect this has on the forum in general, increasing the arrogance, rudeness and nastiness of other posters (myself included).

I enjoy Newmania's point of view and am glad of the strong alternative he puts forward (and at the other end, Clifford too).

But the political point scoring has got too dominant, is owerwhelming the forum and is in danger of drowning out the less contentious material. The aggression generated by Newman also has the effect of putting off new posters and so poses a threat to the continuation of this unique local resource.

I'd be happy if NM reduced his interminable political point scoring to threads only directly concerned with politics (and did not start too many of these) and was not so horribly arrogant, rude and aggressive. I have lost count of the names he has called me. Spavine village idiot was only the latest in a number of these.

I did not "out" Newman as suggested by one poster. He does not hide who he is. A casual search for Newmania throws up Tim Ireland's Bloggerheads article which details the sordid Mildmay episode and links to the Camden local newspaper article.

On 30 Mar 2011 at 8:10am 'ere be monsters wrote:
Still not bothered to look up spavine. My automatic spell check doesn't even recognise it!

On 30 Mar 2011 at 8:54am MC wrote:
Decrepit, depleted by age.

On 30 Mar 2011 at 11:24am 'ere be monsters wrote:
Wonder why he just didn't say so? I didn't realise he knew you!! Only jokin'.

On 30 Mar 2011 at 12:44pm MC wrote:
Chortle, chortle....
;-)

On 30 Mar 2011 at 12:56pm Lewes Trousers wrote:
Its not really a forum its message board. On a forum, there could be a section just for political discussion and another for schools, jobs, and so on. This forum has not really worked that way, except back in the old days when there were two message boards, one managed and one not.

On 30 Mar 2011 at 2:43pm Clifford wrote:
I like this site. I like reading what Newmania has to say - it's good to be reminded of the mentality that created 4 million unemployed in the 1980s and is likely to be the same over the next couple of years.

On 30 Mar 2011 at 3:23pm expat two wrote:
"You see when you cut taxes the market directs resources to profitable activity and away from dead wood"
this is a lie. when you cut taxes, the wealthy get even more wealthier than the poor, and either direct more of their wealth to offshore banks or spend it on overseas property and luxury items, generally imported. How does that benefit the economy?
"Does anyone seriously think that more social workers will make us richer?"
It depends on what you mean by 'richer'. If you think that bankers (who have destroyed the economy in the first place) getting obscene lottery win bonuses is healthier for the country than children being saved from dying of neglect, or old people getting a bit of help, then yes, go ahead and make those cuts, just accept that people are going to die.
Who's suggesting that more social workers are needed anyway? - I haven't seen that anywhere. Just calls to stop welfare services being decimated so the rich can carry on getting richer, thats all.
You're using deceitful tory boy dirty trick arguments Newman, as usual.
And lets not forget Cameron's plans to slash corporate taxes for large and medium offshore businesses, which has NIL benefits for UK, but will just precipitate more job losses as businesses move overseas to take advantage. (whilst tax pounds are still paid to promote those businesses overseas)

On 30 Mar 2011 at 3:38pm Clifford wrote:
An excellent post Expat two.

On 30 Mar 2011 at 4:07pm bastian wrote:
well said expat two

On 31 Mar 2011 at 12:56pm Brixtonbelle wrote:
Sorry original link didn't work. here it is again.

hxxp://www.johannhari.com/category/British%20Politics

20 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

It just bothers me that anyone thinks that they or the government have the right to tell me what I can put in my own body. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone
Nancy