Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

why

On 25 Nov 2007 at 7:26pm carlsberg wrote:
i've lived in lewes all my life why are all you people stuck up your own arses.

On 25 Nov 2007 at 7:30pm F All (the artist formally known as FA) wrote:
Couldn't agree more. So do you have anything constructive to say or can you justify your "outburst" ?

On 25 Nov 2007 at 7:34pm walter wrote:
If you've lived in Lewes all your life, why aren't you called Harveys?

On 25 Nov 2007 at 7:42pm The Super K wrote:
I am

On 25 Nov 2007 at 8:20pm Lewesianne wrote:
Why don't you move away then? I'm sure you'll benefit from a smaller mortgage if you sell up and move to a lower grade area. If you're renting, then a swap would be a good idea. There's plenty of tenants queing to get into Lewes. It sounds like you're a lost soul so change your lifestyle. Alternatively, you could be thankful you have the opportunity to be part of the community which cares about this town, instead of slagging it off. Maybe even make some new friends......on this forum perhaps. Or are we really too stuck up for you?

On 26 Nov 2007 at 3:11pm sue wrote:
LOL! how true it can be of lewes people i am a lewes girl and have many good friends who are down to earth,but have noticed when i have passed by lewes in latter years yes their are people that give off that my s*** don't stink exspression.
Oh is there ques of people trying to get into lewes?why's that then whats the attraction lewes prison!

On 26 Nov 2007 at 3:30pm Lewesianne wrote:
Oh come on...if you don't know that this is a nice place to live/bring up kids etc, then you're blind. And yes, I bet there are hundreds of council who would love to do a swap to come to Lewes.
Also, I think you will find that alot of these 'Lewes people' who think their sh*t don't stink, originally came down from London and the suburbs.

On 26 Nov 2007 at 3:50pm Harveys wrote:
In answer - It's far better than being stuck up your's! (and tastes better too!).

On 26 Nov 2007 at 4:56pm sue wrote:
yes i agree to a point the people who somtimes let down a place is the newcommers,but i do know people even on the forum who think that lewes is the best town ever and sorry it aint.It has absoutly nothing to offer except for a crimanal it has the law courts the main police head quaters and the lewes prison.I went to Arundel beautiful lovely proper castle nice little shops and big shops just up the road in chichester and very nice freindly people.

On 26 Nov 2007 at 5:06pm The artist formally known as FA wrote:
Whilst walking down the high street sunday morning, i was faced by this family. They were all dressed with large over coats, huge Dr. Who type scarves and the bloke was wearing a cloth beret.
The kids were running amok...bumping into people and just being an absolute pain....although the parents thought it highly amusing.
That was until one of the delightful little sh*ts decided it would be great fun to wind up a dog (on a lead) and the dog snapped. The parents, in a very soft and calm voice then said "oh Tarquin, Esmerelda please be sweeties and walk nicely"
And that, i thought, just about summed up what Lewes is about

On 26 Nov 2007 at 6:00pm Lewesianne wrote:
I agree with you there...
When I was a kid growing up in Lewes, that sort of wet parenting was rare. Those parents must be inconsiderate to let their kids behave that way.
It seems that when people come on to this forum and say about us Lewes people being stuck up, they must think we are all like those middle to upper class snobs who can afford to support their local high street shop and buy Fair Trade stuff. If I did that, then I would have no money left to buy xmas presents for my kids etc.
I'm not a snob and my kids are balanced and disciplined.

On 26 Nov 2007 at 6:05pm The artist formally known as FA wrote:
Spot on Lewesianne....you only have to have a walk up the high street to see what kind of people Lewes tries to attract.

On 26 Nov 2007 at 6:10pm Lewesianne wrote:
I was just going to put that in my last post (in the parking thread) but thought I might sound contradictive, seeing as I harp on about how great Lewes is! :-) Yes, the shops are expensive and pointless and I go to another town if I want to walk up and down a high street! I do like the Cliffe though, I like all the chainstores, Superdrug, boots, woollies etc. I know my money goes further.

On 26 Nov 2007 at 6:29pm Lewesianne wrote:
I know I go on a bit but I feel it's important to get accross to those who think we're all snobby, that we're actually not. If we were all snobs with our heads up our a***s, surely we would be polishing our silver or reading our Cosmapolitan magazines, instead of talking to decent folk on here!

On 26 Nov 2007 at 7:40pm expat wrote:
I'll be back for a while at Easter. You'll spot my Lewes born attitude. I'll be wearing my levis, shopping in Timothy Whites, buying my milk in safeways, and sitting in the pictures with my Kia Ora. My teenagers wil be the ones holding the doors open for the wrinklies with their laid-back attitudes and smiles on their faces. I'll be smiling too cos I'm back home for a while in lovely Lewes.

On 26 Nov 2007 at 9:16pm lopster wrote:
oh expat(bat) you have been away for a while heven't you - Timothy Who's? Safeways? kia Ora - do yu remember th accompanying SRB?

On 26 Nov 2007 at 11:57pm Spinster Of This Parish wrote:
It is amazing how this forum is cyclical - every now and then, some comments are enthusiastically posted by persons incapable of sophisticated humour, but then (thankfully) they realise they are out of their depth and disappear back to their primeval soup.

On 27 Nov 2007 at 8:16pm exjpat wrote:
I know, I was just tricking. I went looking for Safeway cheesecake a few years ago, and couldn't find it! What is SRB?

On 27 Nov 2007 at 8:36pm lopster wrote:
up there with Kia-Ora and Pearl and Dean scratchy "only yards from this cinema" ads - the SRB was a hot-dog in half a cardboard box - like a two sided tray with an end to ease carrying - "SRB, SRB, Sausage-in-a-Roll-in-a-Box for me"

On 28 Nov 2007 at 7:03am expatbat wrote:
Loppie you must be even OLDER than me. I do remember them, but no hope of remembering the tune like wat you do! I bet you're a musician too.

On 28 Nov 2007 at 9:39am down to earth wrote:
SOTP, Ive read some of your comments and this one really makes You come across as a snob, and you think your better than most people, and as for people disappearing back to their primeval soup, it's people like you that push the less sophisticated away. (your words). There's all sorts on here and that's what makes it fun.

On 29 Nov 2007 at 12:29am lopster wrote:
guilty as charged (muso that is not necessarily older though)

On 29 Nov 2007 at 12:49am expatbat wrote:
You probably write great lyrics, with your talent with words loppie. Maybe inspired by SRB? lol

On 29 Nov 2007 at 8:23am Arctic wrote:
Do you remember Panda Pops? A Kia- Ora like drink so loaded with tartrazine it gave you asthma, for years I thought it was normal to wheeze in the cinema. It's a shame the Shanaz doesn't do an advert to be screened at the All Saints.

On 29 Nov 2007 at 10:41pm Spinster Of This Parish wrote:
I'm flattered!
Thank you for paying such close attention to my posts, as you say, it takes all sorts!

On 29 Nov 2007 at 11:05pm down to earth wrote:
Being described as a snob is'nt something most decent people who are not up their own arse would be proud of. Im so glad your happy with your new title :-)

On 2 Dec 2007 at 12:54am lopster wrote:
then there was Cresta (Frothy Man) advertised by the polar Bear with shades (except they were called sunglasses then) - it was cloudy (probably made with cotton in it), fizzy and sort of clung to your throat as you swallowed it - Panda Pops still made in Blandford Forum

On 2 Dec 2007 at 12:57am lopster wrote:
more to the point - carlsberg explain your random comment or forever find yourself in Coventry

On 6 Dec 2007 at 8:52pm cage rattler wrote:
Oh wouldn't it be nice if there really was a primeval soup. I could dispose of all unwanted characters and live life comfortably admiring the view of my own arse! But alas, the unintelligent are uniting and breeding. May I suggest sterilisation?

On 6 Dec 2007 at 8:58pm cage rattler wrote:
I am very proud of being a snob. Next you are going to say that you are actually proud of being down to earth? In my experience it is generally the down to earth people that aspire up the social ladder (social climbers) and get very irritated and jelous by people that are better than them. Being down to earth is an inadequacy that life has dealt you.

On 14 Jan 2008 at 10:54am Chemdeeme wrote:
Make peace, not war!

6 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Boroughs tableau 2015 12:132
Boroughs tableau 2015

Hi. Has anyone been camping at Blackberry wood? I've booked with a small group for next month but am reading conflicting info on... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
The Lewes Forum is one of the many great things about Lewes
Nina