Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

who the hell does joanna carter think she is?

On 17 Jun 2016 at 11:49am BLOODY ANGRY wrote:
Just reading the Sussex Express i see the organiser of the March- JOANNA CARTER believes Lewes residents are solidly for Remain in the EU, WHEN did she knock on everyones door in Lewes to ask the residents their opinions on the EU. She certainly did not knock on my door or my neighbours to ask our opinions.
On 17 Jun 2016 at 12:04pm Concerned wrote:
I believe the March on Saturday should be cancelled out of respect for the death of Jo Cox MP.
On 17 Jun 2016 at 12:06pm Preaching to the converted wrote:
If so then what's the point of the march?
Let's chuck Lucas in the drink
On 17 Jun 2016 at 12:13pm Lewes out wrote:
She's a Typical ignorant bigot in the remain camp not a clue what the vast majority of people are saying. She probably enjoyed watching the geldof brigade sneering and shouting at fisherman on a peaceful protest.
Agree with concerned shouldn't go ahead and won't change anyone's mind.
On 17 Jun 2016 at 1:06pm Wotcha wrote:
It's a political campaign that inevitably involves folk with different opinions, including some who have not yet made up their minds. There is nothing wrong with any group of supporters (of either side) taking to the streets to try to influence voters. In many ways, face to face campaigning is the purest form of democracy. To argue that you personally don't know many people who will vote REMAIN is simply to admit that you ought to get out more.
This march is part of the "democracy" that the Brexit camp claim to be supporting.
On 17 Jun 2016 at 1:44pm ClarifiedButler wrote:
Face to face campaigning is certainly not the purest form of democracy. The purest form of democracy is a well educated population and the ballot box. Demonstrations, public assemblies and the like do form a part of a healthy democracy, but they have inherent problems and dangers. The way humans behave in crowds is often totally at odds with the way they behave when given decent information to reflect on in private.
On 17 Jun 2016 at 1:55pm Boris wrote:
I have no problem with the March it's the fact that yet again we have a Guardian Reading yoghurt knitter who assumes she speaks for us all. It's just like when the taxi driving Green Party Councillor Imagine Codpiece proclaimed that nobody wanted the Boxing day hunt in Lewes.
On 17 Jun 2016 at 4:55pm Wotcha wrote:
I am certain that nobody on the REMAIN side imagines that they "speak for all". We all know that there is a case to be put and an argument to be won. Let's just listen to Ms Toynbee and the others, without hurling insults around.
On 17 Jun 2016 at 5:32pm Mrs Twine wrote:
Boris dear, I do NOT read the Grauniad. I read Woman's Weekly for the knitting patterns.
On 17 Jun 2016 at 6:15pm FYI wrote:
The march has been cancelled out of respect for the death of the Labour MP.
On 17 Jun 2016 at 6:19pm Cheddars wrote:
Don't really have a strong opinion just enjoying the image of a yoghurt knitter
On 17 Jun 2016 at 6:43pm Jester wrote:
Because nobody cares for your opinion bloody angry
On 18 Jun 2016 at 10:00am Harry wrote:
While walking round the town yesterday I counted the referendum posters showing in people's windows.
Remain 10
Leave 2

24 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Chapel Hill Lewes 20:132
Chapel Hill Lewes

I meant disguise Iím just dyslexic -G more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an ass of yourself.
Oscar Wilde