Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

white van

On 4 Mar 2014 at 8:53pm Mrs.F wrote:
I have seen a suspicious looking white van hanging around the Lewes area. I know there have been other sightings of it and its been known to follow young children. Does anyone have any other info on it?
On 4 Mar 2014 at 11:57pm Dixon of Dock Green wrote:
In what way is it suspicious? Where and when did you see it? Did you take any details like the reg and/or model number?
There are lots of white vans driving around Lewes. Some of them crawl along the road looking for a house number for a delivery. Quite a few are driven erratically.
I think you need to give a bit more information so that we know what to look out for. Also, if you have any cause for concern, take the number and contact the police.

On 5 Mar 2014 at 9:09am grinch wrote:
I always worry why the uneducated seem so perturbed by potential paedophiles? To the extent of even killing those they suspect on the strength of a rumour! DDG has it right - if you are suspicious then ring the police. Saying you've seen a 'white van' 'following children' is up there with chain letters and phishing emails!

Check it out here »

On 5 Mar 2014 at 11:21am Jolly Roger wrote:
Had a suspicious white van loitering around our house a while back. Rang the non urgent police number, gave details, this way if anything happens they already have some info. If you're concerned do the same.
On 5 Mar 2014 at 4:22pm wanderer wrote:
what Lewes area ?
On 5 Mar 2014 at 5:00pm Ed Can Do wrote:
I saw a white van in Lewes today. It had a couple of high-vis jackets and a copy of The Sun on the dashboard. Might it be the same one?

If not that one I saw another oneon the way out to Ringmer. This one had BT Infinity written on the side, I wasn't sure if that might be some kind of paedophile code word.

Hope that helps!

On 5 Mar 2014 at 5:25pm Val wrote:
I saw a white van and it was following children. It even managed to get the children running to it. Must have been the pictures of ice creams and the Colonol Bogey tune that did it.
On 5 Mar 2014 at 7:24pm Country Boy wrote:
We had a suspicious white van up and down our road just before Christmas. Perfect - the two Bulgarians in it took away all my old scrap that I was getting ready for the tip!

On 6 Mar 2014 at 9:10pm Mrs.F wrote:
Thanks everyone for replies. I did as you said and reported it to the police. They said they would keep an eye out but there wasn't much they could do.

On 7 Mar 2014 at 10:09pm Fungi wrote:
Phew - application of common sense means that some introverted loner is saved from a beating (or worse) by his paranoid neighbours!

27 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Twitten 89:132
Lewes Twitten

Ram Cock Inn Green Man. Filling! :-x more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like tea and faerie cakes on the Castle Green