Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

what's going on

On 7 Nov 2016 at 12:10pm Nighthawk wrote:
Enemies of bonfire . The true spirit of bonfire Is to be an individual . Not to sell out at any cost I think the fact selling a programme as an official guide to bonfire is against everything bonfire society's stand for . Just no need for it rivalry is great and many people work so hard in all society's to keep it going . Proud to be from lewes and lets just keep it going there's so
Much history behind it and people throw the word carnival around . Half the people in all the bonfire society's don't even no why we do it .
On 7 Nov 2016 at 12:18pm Bob wrote:
Go on then, why do you do it?
On 7 Nov 2016 at 12:27pm Sellout wrote:
Saturday morning, North Court - despite all the controversy, Cliffe still selling their society's programme as the 'only bonfire programme you need to buy'....
On 7 Nov 2016 at 12:36pm Ctrl Alt Del wrote:
This is why I didn't buy a Cliffe program. Couldn't find a Commercial one but it was all fine in the end.

On 7 Nov 2016 at 12:47pm Nighthawk wrote:
Something I loved to do for years . To keep up the tradition and enjoy the rivalry. But the only guide to lewes bonfire are these people really understanding it !
On 7 Nov 2016 at 1:38pm lewes toff wrote:
Hahahaha

Watch the video »
On 7 Nov 2016 at 2:38pm Bang wrote:
Im sure that cliffe wont be concerned about the opinion of the two sell out societies in the town .i would imagine that the lot in red will produce similar program next year as they copy everything cliffe do
On 7 Nov 2016 at 2:57pm Bottslot wrote:
Great video, but where was the Crout Carnival band, they would have made it even better.
How ironic that it was filmed outside the Carnival take away.
Still good to see Commercial and Waterloo getting on so well these days.
On 7 Nov 2016 at 3:11pm Howard wrote:
Great to see waterpoo and comical taking up the Bottslot long may it continue
On 7 Nov 2016 at 3:11pm CSBS wrote:
Just giving Waterloo a tips on how to improve and do Bonfire correctly.
We could do the same for the other societies but that would take longer of course.
On 7 Nov 2016 at 3:13pm Wallace wrote:
Give that man an award, BOTTSLOT, Genius.
On 7 Nov 2016 at 3:32pm Warner Brothers wrote:
They should rename that video clip
"Bottslot The Movie "
A romantic comedy about 2 Bonfire societies who fall in love with each other.
It's a must see, it's the Dumber and Dumber of Lewes Bonfire. Writes the Argus
I haven't laughed so much since they pulled their poorly made tab. Wrote the Sussex Express.
On 7 Nov 2016 at 3:37pm Haha wrote:
Love it, this is like a bunch of bald men fighting over a comb. Carry on, quality entertainment and don't let the lack of a life stop you...
On 7 Nov 2016 at 4:24pm Sussex Jim wrote:
I think the main message from this year's bonfire is that there were only two arrests- from a crowd of 35 000. But this figure is typical. Long may the celebrations continue.
On 7 Nov 2016 at 6:15pm Help Them wrote:
And this goes to prove that Bonfire has become so detached from its original meaning and is now just a big boys club filled with idiots.
Perfect time to put a stop to it.
On 7 Nov 2016 at 6:43pm Twitter wrote:
Borough's twitter feed proclaims itself to be the official twitter feed of Lewes Bonfire and directs any enquiries about tickets and so forth to the Borough webpage. I would imagine once someone in Commercial or Waterloo works out how to turn on a computer they'll complain about that next.
On 7 Nov 2016 at 7:55pm Oooheck wrote:
Poor old cliffe...couldn't organise a pissup in a brewery at the beginning of the year, what with all their agm's and egm's, votes of no confidence and in house fighting. Managed to get it together in the end but dropped a bollock by failing to keep tabs on their renegade programme captain, took a lot of flack for it, some life members walked away in discust so they tried to buy their way out of it by paying the other societies off! Now with nothing else left, reputation in tatters and offended by other societies doing what they would do, they have resorted to name calling, nice one cliffe you little scallywags! oh I hear southover weren't very happy staying up the top, maybe they won't be so accommodating next year? Can you get your procession over the railway footbridge? Haha
On 7 Nov 2016 at 8:28pm @ Twitter wrote:
Think you will find its all the other 4 not just CSBS and Waterloo ,
On 7 Nov 2016 at 9:46pm Rather Confused Fresher wrote:
Despite the dire warnings of travel disruption, I managed to get over from Falmer by bus very easily at around 10 a.m. It was a great atmosphere, all the pubs were buzzing and I got loads of cans from the supermarket. I blacked out for most of the afternoon but woke up to fall in behind some stripey wierdo's getting really loud and shouting about the fact that there was no potpourri. It was weird because they all called themselves, Cliff, - even the girls.

On 7 Nov 2016 at 11:05pm barry normal wrote:
Bottslot The Movie is the new Brokeback Mountain

17 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Station View 82:132
Lewes Station View

90% of the adult population have had 1 vaccine already in the UK, with around 82% double dosed. It would come as no surprise that... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an ass of yourself.
Oscar Wilde